Thread: Where is Birdie ? & related issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where is Birdie ? & related issues

Hi.
    I read your posts Deb & Anne here http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...t-check-5.html
    But I didnt want to write there and be a criminal of off topic.
    I wanted to share few thoughts With all my friends here.

I think that if Birdie was posting a lot daily and suddenly disapeared, it is a reason to be worried about him. He is very sick and lives alone.

Birdie, if you read this, please let us know how are you.

Other related issues:

About a month ago I noticed that a facebook weggie friend who used to post every day became "quiet" on line. I posted on his time line and sent him pm. He didnt answer. I remembered that before he disapeared he wrote about feeling sick. I sent pm to a mutual friend who lives in his city. She said that she is also worried. She contacted his neighbours and at that day our friend was taken to the local hospital. She updated me. The day after he was taken to ICU and was fighting for his life. Prob wg. He had recovered according to that lady and is now in a rehabilitation house. Still not back on line. I am still worried about him.

I prayed and still do for him. We cant help much when its a friend who lives in another side of the globe ? Or maybe we can ?

our wonderful Michelle, from Australlia, just like that, sensed me at a certain day in which I was even more low then usuall. She sent me pm. I am forever grateful for you, Michelle. It was so beautiful and so amazing that you sensed me so cottectly. I love you.

What I try to say is that we are a family. Here I allow myself to be genuine. We have our sorrows, pains, agony. Body and soul. But mostly the difference between only tears or smiling through the tears (which is a huge difference) is by kind words from those who understand what it feels like.

And we can always also pray for each other. (Not sure I am allowed to write this according to the forum rules.. if not I will edit. I hope its ok)

I hope I was able to deliever my thoughts clearly enough.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfectly written - and I still worry about you

I agree that something must be far from right with Birdie.......but I certainly hope that we are wrong, and that Anne is correct. He has fixed his chair and is having a wonderful time in the snow

I know if anything ever happened to me, there is someone that can post on here to let you all know.
    I hope that everyone has a friend or family member that can at least get in contact with Andrew or someone from the forum to let us know what is happening, or has happened

I hope you are safe and well Birdie
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, and am still worried about Birdie, despite what I may have said on the other side of the coin. We do feel powerless, not knowing if he is OK, but there is nothing we can do about it, so we should just hang in there and see what happens, or doesn't. Anyone who knows that Birdie is OK should at least get on here and say so, to ease our concerns.

Alysia, I, too, think of the Facebook friend to whom you refer. We know one person on there who I think would tell us if things went really wrong. We can hope for the best. But I have been on his page and there is no indication of anything. In his case, we know he was seriously ill in the hospital. We don't know anything of that sort about Birdie. I feel that Birdie is an individual who doesn't feel the need to be predictable or let everyone know what he is doing. Though he has generously shared a lot of stuff about his life and viewpoints when he felt like it. I say we just leave it at that, unless anyone has any ideas for how to get in touch with him without bothering him...... show up at the Mesa parrot owner's Sunday brunch, maybe? Not many of us are geographically able to do that. So, barring any other insights, maybe we should just let it go for now.... I know he has his reasons for whatever he does or doesn't do.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,
    Thank you for this post as I also live alone and pray each day for the few friends and family that care enough to check on me from time to time but I have a friend on here named Deb that has sent me messages that really made the difference when I haven't heard from local family or friends in weeks, she has asked me to reply in an caring manor that actually delivered my mind from the hopeless weggie fog that corrupts our spirit.

On or off topic you never know what one five minute message could mean for those in severe physical and emotional pain. Everyone here on this site is a blessing and always relevant !

God bless
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James, thank you, and I'm glad things worked out for you with you're family, ect... I hope you're feeling better James, and hope the support is still coming, and getting better, you deserve that... James, I'm going back to my lurking days, so please don't feel the need to respond to this! Haha... Better that way, as I seem to upset some here, I guess... I wish everyone here the very best, and thank you all for the support... May we all find our way to peace and health... I of coarse get mine from God... All the best... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it wouldn't be me without a typo! Meant to say peace and happiness above, although I'm sure the health will follow... If that's part of his plan for me... Either way, I'm content with whatever that plan is... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well does anyone know any "bird calls" !!! I am HOPING that Birdie got the parts he needed for his chair and is working on that and just giving this place a break for awhile.
    Alysia ,you did make a good point, in that we all should have someone who is able to get on here in case something did happen to one of us just so we know. I am not meaning that if you decided not to post but if something serious happened. I made a note ( along with other things ) with my log in name and brief instructions to put on here if anything should happen to me.....I don't know if they actually would though, they really don't even understand what is wrong with me !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a nagging feeling that I must get back on the forum....and this is why. The worry about Birdie. I pray all is well with him. I will keep checking.

Reading this most recent page of messages, I realized something. It is important that we designate someone to keep our fellow forum members informed if we are going to be away from the forum for more than the time of the average vacation. No one wants to announce on the internet when they plan to be away leaving the house empty...but if we are going to be away more than two weeks, we should probably post something to the effect of being away from the computer or taking a break from the computer. Maybe pm one or more of our forum friends. Additionally, we should each have a trustworthy person who knows our login info and will post on our behalf should we be incapacitated. We are all truly friends and family to each other, and so we worry as much as we do about nearby friends and family. The world is blazing new trails with the internet. What happens to our online presence when we are incapacitated or when we pass? We need to think about this when we make plans with our family members.

Again, I am hoping all is well with Birdie.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb. I am sorry. I am sorry for those who got upset by you. And for you, for getting upset by them. I hope that we were still be able to help you on your journey to fight wg and that you will soon get a decent treatment. And, you still have friends here.

Deb C. Not sure its a good idea to give your account info to someone because you might have some private converstions that you might want to keep for yourself.
    A contact friend is a good idea. I gave the facebook names of Michelle and Lisa T to my sister and I told them her name.

Anne, Michelle, our facebook weggie friend is getting better. He will be moving tomorow to a nursing home. The lady who updates me said thar his spirits are good and she told him that I pray for him.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. I love you ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone heard from Birdie yet ?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS