User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot Neuropathy, "Tingle" Relief - Can You Help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foot Neuropathy, "Tingle" Relief - Can You Help?

My feet are numb 24/7. For the most part I'm used to that. That's not the problem (so to speak). But in the last several months (more so the last couple of weeks) off and on I get a tingling in the small toe of my left foot. The tingling builds a few moments in intensity than dissipates, builds a few moments and dissipates. It repeats this ALL DAY! It is SO, SO annoying. I've never, since having Wegs, been able to see a doc re my neuropathy because I haven't have insurance. Just because I've never been I would like to go. Wondering if there's a cream, an exercise, something that might help.

Do you experience anything like this? Hope my explanation is good enough.
    And I hope everyone is well enough.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi David,

I have the constant tingling in all of my toes. I've not had the pulsing. I'm trying massaging my feet several times daily to see if it helps. (Just started yesterday.) My feet do feel better for a little while afterwards. The tingling never goes away completely.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are creams that have a strong pepper that over loads the sensory nerves to help reduce such sensations. You should be able to find some at a good pharmacy and ask a pharmacist for help. Some one just showed me the one they use today for pain.

I have serious neuropathy and a lot of numbness but it is the occasional cramps, stabbing sensations, burning or itching that bothers me the most but they generally go away in a few minutes. Right now I think I am dealing with the inflammation issues I had before my diagnosis of Wegs cause I developed a sharp pain in my ankle yesterday. I had been misdiagnosed with plantar fasciitis and treated for it unsuccessfully before my Wegs was finally diagnosed. The Wegs treatment seemed to eliminate all those symptoms.

Does walking help you? That was my doctors recommendation to try slow down the neuropathy. It helps improve the circulation. Massages should also help with that.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David, wow, I was thinking of you, just recently reading old posts, wondering how you are... Weird two old members both posting to day... David, I get like a going to sleep, type feeling? It's like that, but kinda different, if that makes sense? It's almost always, legs and feet, but more pain in the legs than this... It roams, and lately I've been getting it in my hands... The only thing I've found is movement to help... It seems for me, some of my worst pain is while lying down? I guess circulation problems from Wg... Makes sense since it effects circulation... Nothing like trying to sleep, and the pain and burning is one thing, but having to get up, just to get a little relief, stinks... David, have you managed to get any better care, with you're insurance dilemma? Nice seeing you, David... Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi David, have you tried one of those foot spa machines, you can get them at the drug store for less than $ 20.00. Maybe put some Epson salts in it. Just a thought. I know I had twisted my ankle once really bad and used it and the swelling went down and it was better ...Good luck .
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi David, I have neuropathic problems in one of my feet/legs and likely permanent damage. I have similar feelings among others. Massage can help although for me the foot bath with hot hot water and or a heat bag on it has helped in getting some normal feeling or relief. Stay on it as best you can in case it's leading to further problems. Best wishes in somehow getting to a neurologist!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I have PN? Why do YOU have PN? Can we say for sure it was due to Wegs? When I entered the hospital my feet were normal, when I'm discharged I have PN. It was as simple as that. I thought some botched thing happened while I was there (being diagnosed) and no one was owning up to it.

drz: When you speak of "pepper"-type creams, I'm guessing you're speaking of capsaicin creams. Yes, I would like to try those.

Yes, it's good to "talk" with everyone again. Still don't have the Internet at home, but will check msgs in a couple days...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, David, nice to hear from you again. The capsaicin cream is readily available at drug stores. I bought it years ago for some other issue and would like to try it on my PN. For me, too, it is mainly in the toes, not as bad as some. But several years before the start of my WG, I was having a little of this issue, tingling toes while trying to sleep at night, and it driving me crazy. Another woman my age said she had the same thing. My dad was a doctor, and he said some of this is normal as we age, and he called it peripheral neuropathy due to nerve degeneration. Little did he know I'd ever have Wegs, and he never did know, and of course it has gotten worse with Wegs, and would be especially so for people like drz with diabetes. Now I need to dig up that capsaicin that is hiding somewhere and try it out! Good luck with your issues, and with getting health insurance and internet at home.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Hi David, have you tried one of those foot spa machines, you can get them at the drug store for less than $ 20.00. Maybe put some Epson salts in it. Just a thought. I know I had twisted my ankle once really bad and used it and the swelling went down and it was better ...Good luck .
    This sounds good to me. I heard that there were lots of these at the Goodwill, too.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently gave away a foot massage thing-y to a neighbor. Got it from a thrift shop. Was never used, and I never ended up using it. Plugged it once, but couldn't see "soaking" and trying to watch tv too, as it was kind'a noisy. Maybe I should ask her if she's used it. If not, I might ask for it back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast