Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MGH or Boston Medical for Vasculitis Center

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Who has the first opening? Might be the deciding factor for you?
    That is what I was thinking drz - have heard positives about both places. I see my PCP today and he mentioned having aGPA pt that he had sent to Boston but was going to look to see which center he sent them too. My PCP is not overseeing my GPA - I have a RA at another hospital outside of Boston who does have other GPA pts but they do not see the amt of pts that are seen at the Vasculits Centers.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My, sister, good luck, and please let us know who you decide on? You're in a good place, so this should at least bring comfort to you.. Best of luck, and anxious to see who you choose to see... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PCP thought MGH would be best to contact. I called and they wanted me to fax clinic info in so have contacted RA office, pulm, optomologist and ENT and asked them to fax info over. MGH vasculitis folks told me they would call back once they review. If I do not hear from them in a timely manner will pursue Boston Medical.

thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister, I'm anxious to here who you choose and how it goes? I'm originally ffrom Boston, and have read and heard great things about these doctors.... This should comfort you, greatly... Ignore that double f... Good luck, my sister... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    My sister, I'm anxious to here who you choose and how it goes? I'm originally ffrom Boston, and have read and heard great things about these doctors.... This should comfort you, greatly... Ignore that double f... Good luck, my sister... Deb...
    Thanks Deb - will let folks know how things work out once they call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Stone at MGH - could not get in to see him as his focus of interest has changed and he is focusing on another area IGA I think. They have set up an appt with a Dr Eli Miloslavsky and his profile looks promising and I am wondering if anyone is famliar with him?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I could help you, don't have any info on this Doctor. Of course it is MGH so I am sure he is good.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dale - was disappointed I could not see Dr Stone. We will see how this goes - I did read that Dr Miloslavsky was involved in the Rituxn trials...

I had had sent some clinic notes and asked the scheduler what else I should bring for records and spectacle me to bring whatever I felt was helpful ... Any suggestions of what should be important to bring?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have them I would suggest blood tests as far back as possible with Anca tests if they did it. I would think they would order their own bloods, X-ray and possible CT scan. When I went there I had all tests done the same day as the appt. right at the hospital. They also asked me to join a chromosomal genetic trial that was going on at that time and I am sure there is research going on now. Hope all goes well.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    I had had sent some clinic notes and asked the scheduler what else I should bring for records and spectacle me to bring whatever I felt was helpful ... Any suggestions of what should be important to bring?
    If your records are in electronic form, you can sign a release so your new doc can access them.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast