Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off-Topic Discussion And General Chit-Chat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey Anne good pick-up. I see that I duplicated the forum name on this thread. I've changed the thread name to "Off-Topic Discussion And General Chit-Chat" so that should hopefully help
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Anne! Man, I hope I don't mess up, after reading all you're instructions... I love you, Anne... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Hey Anne good pick-up. I see that I duplicated the forum name on this thread. I've changed the thread name to "Off-Topic Discussion And General Chit-Chat" so that should hopefully help
    I'm afraid it still seems a little confusing, because you are still repeating the same title twice. Now you are calling the name of the thread the name of the "Forum", or section of the overall Forum. But it's OK, because the purpose of the thread is to explain the title change of that "Forum", or section, and you are establishing a new 'sub forum' called Random Off-Topic Discussion, where people should go to start a new thread in this area. Rule of thumb..... unless you see "Post New Thread" at top of page, you aren't in a place from which you can post a new thread. If you are in the middle of an existing thread, which will have its own title, you will not be able to start a new thread from there, only add to it. Let's learn by doing and everything will be fine! Deb, start a thread about your eyes, but not under Random Off Topic Discussion, under something serious like General WG Talk. Then start a thread about a coffee house in a grass shack in Bora Bora, or about the cat you might get, under Random Off Topic Discussion. Just try it and you'll see it isn't as complicated as I'm making it sound. Just remember to always go to the main Forum page to start a new thread, and then pick from the choices there, according to your subject.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew, I think either way would have worked, people just need to know that the title of a thread can be same as the title of a forum or sub-forum, if a clarification about that forum or sub-forum is the subject of the thread. And I think the way you have it now is fine.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha..... Why not just reopen the thread to no where!!!! Soooo funny, cause I'm more confused than ever! As a result of this confusion, I'm doing NOTHING new!!! I'm terrified! Haha... I'm leaving for Bora, bora! Anne, you're killing me... So funny... Deb... Xox...!!!
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Hahaha..... Why not just reopen the thread to no where!!!! Soooo funny, cause I'm more confused than ever! As a result of this confusion, I'm doing NOTHING new!!! I'm terrified! Haha... I'm leaving for Bora, bora! Anne, you're killing me... So funny... Deb... Xox...!!!
    Why not blame Andrew as much as me! If you want to start a thread entitled "I'm leaving for Bora Bora", go to the main forum page, find the sub-forum this would fit in, which is now titled Random Off-Topic Discussion, click on that, and you'll see a list of threads there, and to post your new one, you just click on Post New Thread! It will take you to a window for beginning what you have to say and a place for the title! You can always call it The Thread to Nowhere if you want, it is your choice! It is easy! Learn by doing! If you screw up it is no big deal, it can always be deleted!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha!!!!!!!! Anne!!! I'm so glad you're here!!! Oh my goodness! I guess maybe I'm the only one seeing humour in this??? Anne what makes this so funny is you! Haha!!! You don't even realize what a trip you are! I'm dying laughing at this... Anne, you're beautiful and I'm sooooo, glad you're here!!! Deb, in Bora, bora, laughing my a** off!!!... Xox!!!...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Anne, did all this start from a simple off topic post on light machines, and vitamin D??? Haha, not one person even noticed!!! Haha... Oh boy... So funny... Anne, please don't ever change!!! Deb... Xox...!!!...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Hey, Anne, did all this start from a simple off topic post on light machines, and vitamin D??? Haha, not one person even noticed!!! Haha... Oh boy... So funny... Anne, please don't ever change!!! Deb... Xox...!!!...
    Yes, it did! I noticed! That post is now still on this thread. But if you really want to talk about those things and get some responses, at this point, you might as well start a new thread specifically on them! It is an interesting subject. It could still go here under the Random Off-Topic Discussion sub forum (not this thread we are now on under that sub forum)..... just click on the highlighted link I just wrote and it will take you to where you will see a button for posting a new thread. You will see other posts there that are about serious subjects and otherwise, but don't necessarily fit under other Forum categories offered on the main page. Please just try it! SADS (Seasonal Affective Disorder Syndrome) is an important issue this time of year, and here in Washington state is a prime area for it. Just click on the link above and start a thread!

By the way, I'm not trying to be funny. I get a little tired of being told how funny I am. I was never the class clown. On the other hand, I most appreciate humor that comes up naturally as opposed to telling jokes or slapstick comedy, that sort of thing. So I appreciate that you see humor here. I just don't want to be labeled as "funny" ALL the time. Sometimes is OK. And don't worry, I probably won't change much.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, that's what makes it classic! Because its natural, and not meant to be that way! No, you're absolutely not the class clown type! You're just you! It's perfect Anne! Hope you're good, Anne? Anne, I know how to start a new thread, but not how to move a post? Also I can't paste and copy, so... Honestly I'm to lazy to print it over! Haha... I've had to redo my posts lately, as for some reason they are getting stuck, then not on the auto save? Weird, as this is a new thing... Thank you, Anne! Deb... Xox...!!!
    Live,love,and laugh...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast