Thread: CRP and prednisone titration

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    if I don't laugh, I will completely lose my mind
    Oh my. You couldn't post that in your thread, where I'm free to be me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birdie, hi... Ah, the golden eye drops! Pred- forte... About one hundred thirty bucks, for two weeks! Insurance didn't cover, and I'm so thankful to the pharmacist, who told me the generic, also pretty expensive is in no way the same with these drops! Good to know! Because who wants to risk their eyes! Later on, a nurse at my eye doc, who's a sweetheart, gave me a free sample, full bottle... These drops, saved my vision, so can't complain here... Though putting in the eyes every waking hour is hard! Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birdie, Haha!!! You, rock... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    After a couple months at 80 mg prednisone, I was in often in high 40's and was told 50 can pop your eye like squeezing a grape. I had serious issues for nearly a year until getting pred down to about 20 mg. I had 14 different prescription eye drops, wish I could recall the names of what worked. A few of them helped and one actually worked perfectly to reduce the pressure, the rest did nothing or had nasty side effects. The drops that helped were mostly helping with eye pain and did nothing for the pressure. The drops that worked were expensive, around $150 for a small bottle, maybe two weeks worth.
    Geez - popping eyes is a scary thought! Do u still need drops on the lower dose of prednisone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    Geez - popping eyes is a scary thought! Do u still need drops on the lower dose of prednisone?
    Naw Sissy, the pressure dropped to 10 or 12 below 10 mg pred. That's about 3 years ago and I've had no NEW eye issues, just need glasses now and unstable vision/eye glass prescription varies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just reviewed my labs and medication history. For me, there doesn't seem to be any correllation between pred dosage and CRP. My CRP seems to fluctuate more in line with disease activity, but doesn't seem to be any direct correllation.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Naw Sissy, the pressure dropped to 10 or 12 below 10 mg pred. That's about 3 years ago and I've had no NEW eye issues, just need glasses now and unstable vision/eye glass prescription varies.
    Well that is good! I have the puffy eyelid going from the prednisone - but I worry about eye issues since that is what started the dx. Saw eye doc this week and she did not think swollen was an issue and just told me to apply warm soaks and use eye gtts if prednisone dose went up.

I have heard some folks have issues with getting glasses since vision seems to not be consistent. I am with Deb with this - if I want to see something bad enough I just get closer to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for checking Pete

i don't know if you recall the question I had about the granulocyte count found in the differential of the WBC - I was wondering if this had a correlation with disease activity since my level was high and then has fluctuated but is still higher than norm. I asked my RA and he thinks it is not related but I am still wondering since it makes sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    Thanks so much for checking Pete

i don't know if you recall the question I had about the granulocyte count found in the differential of the WBC - I was wondering if this had a correlation with disease activity since my level was high and then has fluctuated but is still higher than norm. I asked my RA and he thinks it is not related but I am still wondering since it makes sense to me.
    I responded to that thread. I had a significant increase in abs grans right before my first rtx. It gradually decreased to normal over the next year or so.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I responded to that thread. I had a significant increase in abs grans right before my first rtx. It gradually decreased to normal over the next year or so.
    It over a year to return to norm ? Mine is still up but less than when I was first diagnosed.

I mentioned it to my RA and he said it could be related to prednisone but it makes logical sense to me that it would be elevated when there was inflammation

Just found that thread again - thanks Pete , sorry to be redundant ��
    Last edited by Middlesista; 01-30-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast