Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rituxan infusions anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just one day

Good Luck tomorrow. Take it one step at a time. There's a real good chance it'll help. I needed some assistance with my kids on the day of rtx infusion. It made me pretty sick but I was very sick already. Many people do well with it. Even being real sick, I was able to help the kids if nobody else was around.
    Sending best wishes,
    Tom
    Best wishes,
    Tom
    ----------------------------------
    2 years untreated. Dx w/ biopsy - 2000
    Tx Plan:

NUTRITION
    RESTORATIVE SLEEP
    RAISE ANABOLISM
    REDUCE ALL INT / EXT STRESSORS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you everybody for your responses, they've been very helpful! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm looking forward to being back in remission and feeling well enough to being a good mommy to my daughter. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for everything!

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my infusion today - very long day. I'm very tired so this will be short for now. My only complaint for the moment is I'm having bad bilateral flank pain. Is this normal? Thanks.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1109?, hi... Just wanted to say, hope it all worked out, and with you're kids, ect. Don't know about the flank pain, I'm sure others will chime in, but do know from people here tiredness is normal and may even last for a week, or two? Again, the members that have experience with rtx, I'm sure will see this... Good luck... And I hope the pain turns out to be nothing... Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would reread the listed side effects for rtx. Wegs can jump a little after infusions for some people. It always does for me.

My back pain increased. Each rtx infusion I had triggered some sort of autoimmune response. It would be worse for the first three to four weeks then i was mostly just run down for about 4 months. It did increase gi bleeding which is a listed side effect.

Back pain and neuritis came and went. I could have taken more prednisone but refused to since i had adverse glucocorticoid reaction. So i would've had to take benzos and sedatives with pred. Which ultimately i had to take anyway since i got much worse.

I have that balanced now but after Rtx infusions i probably should have stayed on a therapeutic dose of pred, like 40mg but instead took a subtherapeutic dose of 10mg which helps and hurts in my case. It reduced some wegs symptoms but aggravates the HPA axis which in turn triggers autoimmune disorders. Rtx wipes out bcells and the HPA axis reproduces healthy bcells, hopefully. But leaving that system in disarray probably was counterproductive to replication of healthy, non self attacking bcells, for me.

TMI...

Tom

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Best wishes,
    Tom
    ----------------------------------
    2 years untreated. Dx w/ biopsy - 2000
    Tx Plan:

NUTRITION
    RESTORATIVE SLEEP
    RAISE ANABOLISM
    REDUCE ALL INT / EXT STRESSORS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my 6th one today. 4 in the summer 1 week apart and now 2 doses 2 weeks apart. As soon as the benadryl hit I was knocked out for 4 hours. Couldn't open my eyes. Afterwards was ok. Drove home myself over an hour. It was my birthday today and it was a little depressing spending the day hooked up. But doing fine and hoping for the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mordeco, happy birthday! Sorry, I'm just seeing this now... I hope you start feeling better... Stinks to have to spend you're birthday like this, but next year's will be great! Good luck, and nice meeting you, I'm Deb, I'm a little nuts, but happy to say, there's one here that makes me look totally normal... Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Mordeco, happy birthday! Sorry, I'm just seeing this now... I hope you start feeling better... Stinks to have to spend you're birthday like this, but next year's will be great! Good luck, and nice meeting you, I'm Deb, I'm a little nuts, but happy to say, there's one here that makes me look totally normal... Debra...
    Thank you for your warm words. what does "there's one here that makes me look totally normal" mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mordeco View Post
    Thank you for your warm words. what does "there's one here that makes me look totally normal" mean?
    Debra's little dig at Birdie...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mordeco, I like to kid, is all... Pete, what up, Pete? I neeeeever, mentioned His name! Funny, you would assume this, though... Pete, how goes it? Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast