Likes Likes:  44
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Tests - what to check

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess what I really meant to say was I think it's good to always talk with your rheumatologist about the lesser symptoms. Also, be open to the idea that some of what you notice may be nothing after all. I have some random lesser symptoms sometimes that don't linger for very long and I always tell my doctor about them but that doesn't necessary turn into anything noteworthy in the long run.

If you feel like your rheumatologist isn't taking important things seriously, then it's a whole different story. I think autoimmune patients have an interesting relationship with their main providers because we really need to participate in our own care in ways other patients aren't required to. For me, it took some getting used to. It wasn't so much that I had to get used to taking note of my symptoms as I had to learn how to communicate with my rheumatologist. If trust his/her medical advice, it may just be that the two of you are still learning to work together.
    Diagnosed October 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being careful not to write an off-topic post... but - I wonder: how are you Birdie ? it seems sometime since the last time that you have posted. are you ok ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im also concerned... Birdie, if you can, just check in and do a quick post? Debra...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Pete's response was right on. "As always, how you feel is probably your best indicator of wegs activity."

Over the years I have had many tests and keep a spreadsheet of info. I have tried to correlate the info with how I feel. Not much good. I had all blood tests last weekend and all showed normal within guidelines. Yet .. lung x-ray shows possible pneumonia or weg flair and several joints have abnormal pain indicating a flair. My team of docs tend to be in-tune with the symptoms of a flair even if the blood test say different. Know thy body.. I keep a ready supply of 10mg prednisone on hand to combat the effects and have approval to self-medicate as needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darl-p - I have found that I am aware of my flares before the bloods indicate anything! Sadly my team only tend to react to the blood results so there are sometimes a few days lost when treatment could have been started. Generally this has not been an issue but am conscious this may not always be the case!
    Diagnosed July 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, so awesome to see so many old members popping back in lately... Nice seeing you guys, and hope you're doing well... Deb...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with others;GPA has a certain feel to it.Birdie,I think Alysia ,and Bora bora Debra are baiting you.Now,back on course.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keith, ya we are, but isn't working... Its not working, is a feeling I've learned hard to just accept! In all areas... Acceptance is a pretty cool thing... Keith, hope you're good... I love reading you're posts... Deb... Not in Bora,bora as of now! Unfortunately!!!...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Im also concerned... Birdie, if you can, just check in and do a quick post? Debra...
    Me, too, I sent him an email and he hasn't responded.... that's not super unusual, but I still wonder why we haven't seen him on here..... What was the latest development he was dealing with before we stopped hearing from him? I don't remember, but could look back in his posts and find out....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, his last development was seeing a new rhuemy doctor, that's all I remember... I was under the impression you were in contact because you talked of the pottery website... Don't know where you stand with that, however someone could call the Scottsdale PD, easy enough to do a wellness check? But I gotta say, don't think he will be to enthused to say the least... That's the impression I get? Maybe ya got em, to facebook/ fakebook!!! Haha, I told ya! As Birdie would then say, bye bye, Birdie!!!... DDeb, ignore that double D!!! I do see it! Just can't get to it...
    Live,love,and laugh...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast