User Tag List

Likes Likes:  14

Thread: ABROGATE trial: Abatacept for the Treatment of Relapsing, Non-Severe, Granulomatosis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ABROGATE trial: Abatacept for the Treatment of Relapsing, Non-Severe, Granulomatosis

Hi everyone,

I was reading a little about the use of Abatacept for treating non-severe, relapsing GPA and came across this trial: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...brogate&rank=1.
    Anyone here participating in the study?

I'm very curious to see the results, as my gpa probably would be put into this group. After almost 7 years I keep on flaring regularly, although never severely. I've been getting rtx almost every six months for the past 6 years, though this time I'm getting just half the dosage. Would be nice to have an alternative to rtx if this medication proves to be as promising as they seem to believe.

2. Likes Aneinu, drz, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Elena! Nice seeing you... I will keep this, just in case I'm treated some day! Deb.

4. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dale, I noticed Dr. Monach, is on there... Good luck, today.... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Elena! They've been talking about this here and are starting the trial as well. ( BC, Canada) unfortunately I don't meet the criteria however it seems to do well with other things so definitely worth the try! It is just getting under way so I'm sure we'll have better answers in a year or two....

7. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christina, hi. Hope things are going well with you, don't think I've seen you here in a while... Nice seeing you Christina! Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ABROGATE trial: Abatacept for the Treatment of Relapsing, Non-Severe, Granulomato

Has anyone heard more about this study please? Thank you so much. Our Dr. mentioned this an option.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10. Likes Alysia, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ABROGATE trial: Abatacept for the Treatment of Relapsing, Non-Severe, Granulomato

I'm possibly going on this trial once the RTX is out of my body. It's a drug that's works for my mum to keep her arthritis in check and has been the only drug that work for her long term so fingers crossed for me
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

12. Likes Alysia, annekat, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freakyschizogirl View Post
    I'm possibly going on this trial once the RTX is out of my body. It's a drug that's works for my mum to keep her arthritis in check and has been the only drug that work for her long term so fingers crossed for me
    Good to hear. Hope it works. Now that I'm looking more closely, this is a different study. The one cited above is for abatacept; the study my son is in is with avacopan. I do not know if they are related. Looks to me that there are two different sponsors as well, although university of Penn and Cleveland clinic seem to be involved in both.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14. Likes Masha, annekat, Alysia, Jaha liked this post