Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello

Hi everyone,

I joined last year, when doctors suspected GPA and were investigating the cause of all my problems...well, now its official. I was diagnosed December 2nd 2015...a couple weeks before Christmas. Its been a whirlwind of doctor appointments, meds and just trying to deal with everything. The more I learn, the more I think, why me. I am trying to stay positive but it's hard when your looking at all the info that comes with the diagnosis. So far, I have been very lucky and haven't had kidney involvement and my lungs aren't too bad. I get a lot of bronchitis, virtigo (that leaves me bedridden and vomiting for days/weeks) eye issues, muscle and joint issues, ear problems ugh. But the fatigue, cognitive issues and malaise is what gets me the worst. This disease has taken ME away...and I am desperate to get some kind of normal back. Sorry for the long rant and woe is me...I just feel so alone at times...my close family (mom, dad, brother, sister inlaw) they are very supportive and have looked into what GPA is, but my other family havent, its like, Oh yeah, its that thing you have. :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry that you have a diagnosis of WG/GPA but at least they found the problem and you are not left hanging, without treatment, for years.

The plus side, (if there has to be one) is that you can now hang out with us

There is no reason to feel so down on yourself, but you can rant and rave on here as much as you please. We are all here to listen and we have all been through it.
    The is another thread going at the moment from Mark from OZ. In this thread you will see a post from me2 saying that he has had WG for 30 years.....and he is doing fine.

It is important to have family support, but not every one gets it, and that's okay too.

Keep your chin up, and ........
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Michelle it took them a year to diagnose me, but I have read that others have waited longer and some are still waiting, so I am happy that I am getting the treatment I need now. I totally forgot a bunch of stuff...like my name and where I am from haaha. My name is Bre, I am 35 and live in South Australia haha. Dur me. I am thankful for this site and for the family that are supporting me right now...its just been a tough couple of months. Thanks so much for warm welcome and encouraging words from what I have seen, this is a wonderful bunch of people, so its definitely a plus lol

Bre

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Aussie nice to meet you Bre.
    I just presumed that you were from USA because you said 'mom' instead of 'mum'

Yes you are correct, it is a great bunch of people here.

If you are on facebook, we have an Aussie and Kiwi group, with 7 from SA, at last count. The link is below

https://www.facebook.com/groups/516643745050360/
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Bre ( unfortunately ) but Michelle is right about everything. This is a great place to come for what ever reason and there are so many Aussis here that I am sure you will find friends near you. Now that you are on the meds you need ..what are you on by the way ? You will begin to start to feel better but it will take awhile to get to your "new normal " Take care and keep us posted.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Breezy,

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Sorry for the long rant and woe is me...I just feel so alone at times.... :/
    Sorry I missed the long rant, or were you talking about this post?

Many people actually do a long rant on their first post:

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...html#post98791

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    my close family (mom, dad, brother, sister inlaw) they are very supportive and have looked into what GPA is, but my other family havent, its like, Oh yeah, its that thing you have. :/
    Your "other family" need to read Spoon Theory:

But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness The Spoon Theory written by Christine Miserandino - But You Dont Look Sick? support for those with invisible illness or chronic illness

Stick around, ask many questions, learn as much as possible before your next doctors appointment, and hang in there...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bre - I so understand when you write that GPA has taken "You" away and wanting to get your normal back. Don't know why we all drew the short straw but "it is what it is" as much as it su**ks and going forward think it is important to do the best we can to strive to regain our health . I am fairly new to this also Bre and I am hopeful after reading info on this site. I just finished Rituxin a few weeks ago and am waiting for improvements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breezy, hi. I too wanted to welcome you. I laughed because you used one of my favorite sayings, woe, is me! Yes, yes it is. Not you ,Breezy, referring to myself. I'm sure you will see improvements, fast. I mean hey, at least you have a diagnosis! Maybe not as good as hitting the lotto, but hey, it is what it is. Maybe those other things are coming. Sure they are... My stuck sister, hi! Sista, let the suck, just fly! Okay? Ha ha... Sista, hope things are improving for ya..... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bre, I'm glad you came back to us after getting an actual diagnosis. Although I'm sorry you ended up having WG. This is indeed the greatest group of people I could ever have imagined it to be, and I won't miss a day of checking in here, usually at least 3 times. It has helped me through this immensely. For me, it's almost 5 years since start of treatment, and I did go 2.5 years without a dx, so some significant damage was already underway. But I am pretty well stabilized, though still on the treatment meds, at lower doses and milder meds than I started with. We'd be interested to know what meds you are on. It has only been less than a month of treatment, and no doubt, a lot of the negatives in how you feel physically and mentally can be attributed to those. It takes awhile to get used to the meds. As for the rest, the disease will be slowed down and hopefully stopped in its progress, and you will feel better. Right now, it is normal to want to sleep all the time, etc., and you should. Little by little, you can start functioning somewhat normally again. It took me a month and a half to be able to be functioning out in public, except for quick trips to the grocery store and doc's appts., and that was pushing it a bit. Sounds like you have enough family support to help you through this time, and the ones who think it's just "that thing you have" may come around in time. Best of luck, ask any questions, post longer rants if you want, and keep us informed on how things are going.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just checking my comp. ( sorry to hijack this thread) I wrote a message on Dales thread and it won't let me enter it. Just the blue circle keeps going around so I wanted to see if it works here.
    Hi again Bre !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast