User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How does your Wegener's Affect your Family?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jola...I can't believe it....poor Arla.

But hey...I also hated vacuuming, hence why I put tiles all throughout the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I wield the vacuum but to do a tiny room it takes me about an hour. I do a little and have to sit down and rest. Pathetic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one day i will have a house of tile floors....would give anything to get rid of the carpet....my husband swears it is no practical in missouri...but being from miami florida i know it is much better....now if i can just find the deals on tiles here...i used to find in florida i would be set...i avoid vacuumning as it also wears me out...but on rare ocassion i tactile the beast....and depending on the day i kind win....lol...i don t need nap afterwards.....I still hate WG...but am learning it is what it is....and i am gonna have to adjust...ughh....yes the italian is coming out...i do not give in easy...guess i will learn
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes tiles are the best especially how easy they are to clean. Florida is popular for tiles...even ROOF's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiles and solid floors in general are not best for a cool damp country like England! It has been very fashionable over the past few years for everyone to replace their carpets with wooden flooring, but many are now laying carpet back over the top because it is too cold. We have a similar problem with wet rooms in place of showers. A nice idea, but the room never dries out!

I have carpet everywhere except in kitchen and bath rooms for hygiene reasons. I prefer comfort to fashion and practicality.
    Last edited by Jack; 03-25-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack its time to move to Florida...beach, sun and hot bods!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer carpet--easier on my joints and I'm less likely to slip. Without carpeting my big dogs go running around with their legs sliding out from under them--easy to rupture a ligament. And the floor is always dusty and hairy. As soon as you clean it--blech! Since Maryland is so damp in the winter, a cold floor makes the whole house chilly.

Jack--what's a wet room?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer hardwood floors - my hubby and daughter have allergies and carpeting is awful for allergies/asthma sufferers, especially in SE Washington - it is allergy central here. My dad did reclamation construction and I worked for him one summer back in high school - if you could see what is under carpeting....GROSS!! Even the cleanest homes - I'm not a big fan of tile, but I LOVE hardwood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer hardwood the best. But there are some tiles and laminates that are quite nice as well. A lot of new homes here have in-floor heating on all levels so your feet never get cold and the whole house feels warmer over all. Even many older homes are retrofitted with in-floor heating. My dad is a flooring installer by trade and have helped him on many jobs over the years and lifting up old carpet in what seemed to be very clean homes was very disgusting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe all of you should
    Move to FLA and enjoy the weather and your home with 24 x 24 tiles. Heck you can always come to the beach take your shirt off and hang with the celebs. In fact, we can go boating and fishing and then get online and discuss "How to escape a room"

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast