User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting rtx while having an infection ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Getting rtx while having an infection ?

Hi. I need to get my rtx on Monday. Since yesterday I felt my throat achy, white spots etc. And as I already know myself, I started on my own amoxcilin which I have being prescribed by the dr. for cases like that (weekends, no docs. All things start on weekends). It will be 48 hours of treatment on Sunday evening. Is it ok to get rtx on Monday ? I dont want to delay it, its hard to get date close enough and my wg is smoldering. Thanks for being here.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, hi.. Alysia, I know you have a Wg doc, you need to contact him, before. Maybe he is the on call doc. anyway? If not, there has to be one, and since this is serious, I'm sure they will contact him.. please do this, this weekend, today, rather than tomorrow. Please call Alysia? Hopefully you'll post back, saying you did...... Love Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia - Do you have to travel far for your infusion? I know that the nurse would review how I was doing and if there were any issues or concerns contact the doctor. That might be an option if you can not get in touch with the doc yourself before then but as Deb said I do agree and think you should get in touch with your doc today. Let them know what is happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you feeling today Alysia? I do hope you are better...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia - I had something similar happen with me. I was scheduled to have my RTX treatment and had to go on antibiotic for a sinus infection which turned into athsma. I called my Rheume and he told me to come in anyway and he would look at me before the infusion. He did not like how my lungs sounded and continued the antibiotic. I have my infusion a week later. They will not give you the infusion with any sign of infection.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see why they don't give it with signs of infection.

It just sounds crazy, when some people that are newly diagnosed (and have things going on full blast) get RTX straight away to help stop the spread of WG, or at least making the symptoms worse. How does that happen?

I hope you caught the infection before it grabbed on.
    I'm sure Phil will be with you making sure that the infusion goes ahead.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all so much for your caring. I love you.
    The throat feels a bit better today. Still sore but less. I didnt want to call my doc, I was afraid that he will tell me to wait. I dont want to wait. My eyes are too red and I need them. It is complicated here to find a date. If I cancell next one can be a month later. Also, I need to buy rtx at a special order in the pharmacy of the health service I belong to (costs me about 300 dollar) and to bring it with me. It is a delicate med and needs to be in temp of 2-8 c. Only.
    I remembered that my seeetie got rtx while having an infection so I decided to go anyway. So I will go tomorow morning. Dr. Phil is coming with me. Thanks for the confirmation for that michelle, makes me tears.. I need him.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully tomorrow you will feel even better - rest today and the Rituxin will be helping you soon.

I am am interested to learn you can buy your Rituxin for $300.00 and bring with you for infusion -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It cost me 300 dollar but the health service pay for it more then 5000 dollar for 1000mg. I pay to the health service every month. 300 dollar is the maximum that they are allowed to take from me for meds at every 3 months. Means that my pred will be for free untill April.
    Last edited by Alysia; 01-04-2016 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Wrote 500 instead of 5000
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    It cost me 300 dollar but the health service pay for it more then 5000 dollar for 1000mg. I pay to the health service every month. 300 dollar is the maximum that they are allowed to take from me for meds at every 3 months. Means that my pred will be for free untill April.
    It's interesting to hear details of health care in other countries. Sounds like a $100.00 per month co-pay for medications? Did I understand that correctly? Is it under your private insurance or a government system?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast