Hi all - Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I am unsure wether to reply individually or to the thread, so have done both. I went to my local GP and did blood tests to measure my inflammation levels. The results did confirm my levels had increased from my last results and he agreed with increasing my Pred. Will get more blood tests around the 11th prior to seeing my private Rheum.

I am from Melbourne, Australia. I was initially in the public system, but as described above, he always painted a very 'black' picture so I went private. My private Rheum has suggested I might want to consider Rituximab, as normally MTX is only prescribed for 18 months. My previous Rheum however had advised he normally prescribes MTX for about 5 years if required. I have received conflicting information between the two Rheum, but I know everybody works differently and different people react differently to medications. It appears that Rituximab has just been approved and recognised for treating Wegener's. The information I received was for intravenous monthly for 3 months. My research and understanding is it erases your 'B' cells. Has anybody else undergone or receiving this treatment. Its all just frustrating as I was feeling so good, and then all of sudden flare for no reason.. I have done some research into seeing if diet has anything to do with Wegener's or flares, but have just come across the normal health eating etc.