Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short fuse when not feeling good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got yer feelings, I went the pred rage the first time I ever took it and the first week I wanted to punch out the pastor at church for saying good morning and the anger I felt toward anyone who spoke to me. Luckily my wife told the Dr that I was a little beside myself and I was so mad at that point I argued that I was fine and not in a bad mood!
    At the tone of my voice the Dr said we need to reduce the dose and I argued with him that I was fine! Once I leveled out on it I was able to deal with the feelings of anger and the crying fits because I was so frustrated trying to figure out what was making me so angry!
    That was for my cancer in 2006. I knew at the time of my DX of wegs how it acted for me and I was able to handle 60 mg for several months ,but when they start moving the dosage up and down, I would struggle with my attitude!
    Rather than tell you what it does to me, I will say that what works for me is to tell myself, I will be alright and ask those around me for some alone time and please respect that time! After 2 or 3 hours I seem to get on track until the next outburst, usually in the mornings which can ruin a whole day for all around us!
    Good luck and hang in there!
    Nobody knows how we got to the top of the hill. But since were on the way down, we might as well enjoy the ride!
    James Taylor, Secret Of Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Middlesista View Post
    I well understand your comment about feelings like a burden - not a good feeling. I am the "strong" one in my family' and my children are having problems with this change in me. They are grown and have families of their own and I know it is not easy for them. Almost like they are coping via denial and they (and I) just want everything to get better so we can go back to our lives.

Sometimes downer days seem to prevail.....
    Then. we are kindred spirits then. I feel the exact same way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12