Hi all,
Do I need a nomination from another member?..... How long is the probationary period?...... Ha Ha, just kidding.
Have been lurking here for a few months, hope you don't hold that against me....... and am now getting my head around the diagnosis, treatment etc.
Your site has already helped considerably with my understanding of all things Wegeners.
Looking back, I went through about 2 years of fatigue and unbelievable joint pain. Couldn't even stand up after dinner in the evenings.
Eventually sinus issues surfaced about the same time as a cough started. Guess you all know that story. About six months later I was going deaf and also scleritis showed up at a time when my GP was on holidays.
Nothing like letter openers being driven into your eyes is there?
I went to my optician who sent me to an Opthamologist, boy was that a lucky break. He was on to it almost immediately.
The Rheumatologist he sent me to was also straight on to it. After lengthy discussion he asked me to begin treatment immediately. The next week or so I seemed to visit every machine imaginable for lungs, liver, kidneys, brain, skeleton etc.
I guess you have all been there.
Apart from the things mentioned above, lung involvement is the only extra so far. Once again I am lucky.
Anyway Im on Methotrexate and Prednisolone and settling into "the new normal". I cant work now so getting used to that as well. Only putting in 3-4 hours maximum of almost "normal" work (at home now) for me is frustrating, but obviously a lot of you would swap me any day. At least the vegie garden is looking the best it ever has!
Well that's about it for now. Will have a couple of questions for the "experts" down the track a bit.
Thanks for listening.

The eternal optimist.
Lucky.