Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning.... morbid post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think the worst thing we can do is take notice of statistics. They're just a burden, ignore them. I've lived with this since 2003 and I'm now in remission. Quote from my doc : "you'll outlive us all". Concentrate on life, not numbers I was very sick for a long time but now I'm back in action, I run my own business, party way too hard for someone my age and completely ignore the WG except for when I take my meds in the morning Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI Megan,

When I was discharged from hospital 7 years ago after diagnosis and treatment, my daughter told me NOT to google the disease, so of course I had too!!
    The guys who have posted on this thread are quite correct, yes its a crappy disease but you have to move on and try and embrace and take control of your life again.
    Who knows when their number is up?? Live each day and savour life.
    If you worry constantly about if, how, why and whatever then you will miss out on what life has to offer, enjoy and appreciate the simple things, they are in abundance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have to Google things! How else would we know anything? We just have to be wary and realize that a lot of what is on there is exaggerated, oversimplified, outdated, or otherwise subject to question. So we need to use our intuition to find the most trustworthy sites that more or less back each other up. I would never have found this forum without Googling!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I really appreciate you all taking the time to reassure me and offer much needed guidance and support.
    I'm on a self imposed google ban so if they find a cure or anything earth shattering in the world of wegs occurs be sure to update me on here!!!��
    Thanks again guys. Xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12