Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presentation with Vision loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ear not air!!! Why I can't edit,I just don't get! I try,and it won't let me! So while the eye thing,the ear thing was happening... So sorry for typos! Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes Deb - starting your treatment to get rid of that granuloma!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Ear not air!!! Why I can't edit,I just don't get! I try,and it won't let me! So while the eye thing,the ear thing was happening... So sorry for typos! Deb.
    I was teasing. I don't comment on all your typos. I have let a couple of typos slip by myself lately, because I don't see them until after the post, and then haved skipped editing a couple times. For small things like it instead of in.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Middlesista,

I had both hearing and some vision loss when I was originally getting sick, and the inflammation was increasing. Neither the ENT doctor nor the Eye Surgeon were able to see the bigger picture and each treated their area-of-specialty. In the case of the ears they filled with fluid and I had to get shunts in my eardrums to drain them, and be able to hear again. The vision loss was quite worrying, and I assume it was the inflammation affected the optic nerve. Thankfully around then I got a proper diagnosis, and when we piled on the anti-inflammation drugs prior to the main treatment, things settled down.

Vision, hearing, sinuses, lungs, nerves, circulation and myriad other things suddenly going wrong for unexplained reasons - all very scary when it first hits you. Much of it due to inflammation IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Hal - your hearing and vision presentation, seems like docs are hard pressed to put it all together. My initial ENT felt it was all viral and even knowing my history of elevated inflammatory markers was not able to put it together and I did lose my hearing suddenly which goes along with SSNHL. It was the vision loss that started the road to diagnosis.

How are you doing now Hal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still got swelling and nerve damage that requires pain killers. It is what it is. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chronic pain is so tough and neuropathy can be so relentless. Have they used neurontin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12