Thread: Saddle nose reconstruction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saddle nose reconstruction

Hey guys,

Can anyone give me some information about the saddle nose surgery? If you had it done with rib cartilage or ear cartilage? I have heard that even if rib is used there is a possibility for it to collapse again. I was also curious how much bruising there was and if there were scars on your nose? I am considering the surgery, but obviously very nervous my nose will look worse afterwards. I have tried to look online, but it seems to be a dead end.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my daughter had the surgery in August 2015 because we thought GPA was no longer an issue for us. and they took cartilage from the ear although we talked about both sites for transplant. the ear is what hurts still everything else healed beautifully and the nose was lifted with the suturing done under the flap. you can not tell she had any surgery at all on her face. but another thing to note is my daughter had forgotten what a straight nose looked like on her and that was a huge psychological change she wasn't used to even though she thought in her head that she wanted a perfect nose. Pretty cool. and yes, any time they take cartilage from the rib they can hit the lung and you will have a chest tube after. they also said the rib cartilage is harder/less pliable, but if you need it you need it