User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two pictures, a year and a half apart...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly -such a big IF - you like to hike. I picture how much easier it would be to hike without those other pounds. But whatever - yay you for that new way of thinking, and carrying through on your decisions. And may we discuss how cute your companion is? :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whatthewhat View Post
    If I remember correctly -such a big IF - you like to hike. I picture how much easier it would be to hike without those other pounds. But whatever - yay you for that new way of thinking, and carrying through on your decisions. And may we discuss how cute your companion is? :-)
    You are correct! I do love to hike!

As it applies to hiking, imagine having a 65 pound child sitting on your shoulders all the time. Not too much fun. When that weight is gone, you really start moving!

The cute companion is family of mine. I am not sure anyone else in my family could keep up with me anymore!

We were just at Disney World, and there were almost no lines the entire trip, so we were able to walk on to nearly every ride in every park.

We did a little over 60 miles of walking on concrete while there (ow my feet), and got a ton of cool pictures!

Space Mountain - Album on Imgur <--- We were even able to ride Space Mountain four times in one day!
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each of us "hike our own hike."

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes we feel as though the mountain that is Wegener's is insurmountable, but with luck and perseverance it is possible to to fight our way to the summit. Cheering you on as you continue kicking Wegener's ass!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceflightAddict View Post
    I am not the same person!

This disease has two options; fight, or die. At some point over the last two years, I chose to fight, not only this disease, but all of the challenges of life.

"I can't" or "I won't" are no longer acceptable answers to me. The world really opens up when you look at it that way...
    Hi SpaceflightAddict, I need some of this "fight" you speak of toward the life challenges like attitude and weight gain on pred - and making healthier food choices etc. I'm new to this disease (dx 8/1/16) and feeling down and sorry for myself and eating whatever I want. I spent 6 weeks on 60 mg pred am now on 40.

Any advice for helping me overcome the negative feelings and pred munchies and start taking better care of myself. I can't see the pics you mention at the start of this thread to see your transformation. I started off overweight and have gained 12-15 lbs. plus have the puffy pred face.

Thanks

Gab
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of us found counseling helpful in adjusting to our new life with Wegs or our "new normal". It takes a while to come to terms with all the changes Wegs can cause to us and our life style. Every one is different and there is no one right path.
    Last edited by drz; 10-02-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Drz, I really do have a lot to be grateful for. I just rejoined weight watchers this morning. Counseling is another good idea. I'll find my way through this.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12