Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: lung issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    But for simplicity, I call it a granuloma – sounds nicer than tumor.
    I prefer the word "goiter", don't know why, I just like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi vdub. thanks for the update. I wouldn't be waiting 2 months about that if it affects your breathing like you describe. you are a true hero but no need to suffer like that just because they dont have time. can you try to get an earlier appointment ? to call them every day and see if there is any cancellation ? are you going to get any treatment for the granuloma meantime or not until you will check all about it ? I also suggest that your pulmy will consult with dr. Specks in mayo. after seeing about 20 pulmy docs while being with my beautiful Phil in the hospital, I dont trust any of them. only dr. Specks. sorry. if you want his details I have them. please send me pm. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...what surprised me is that your dr. said your lungs have been like that for 2 years and nothing was said or done. What does he think is causing it,are they going to see whats up with that ??? I really wouldn't wait 2 more months to find out about your throat. Can your dr. push to get you in sooner considering the circumstances ? In the meantime take care and enjoy working on your mg.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry that they would not consider an appt. sooner for you. That is a very large granuloma or mass to be waiting for some pulmys opinion on what to do for another month or so. Did your rheumy even consider maybe having you see a thoracic surgeon, just saying, that the location of the mass maybe within their range. I'm sorry about my 2 cents, I just hate that you have had so much on your plate. Please take care and enjoy working on the MG.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jana, please don't be sorry about putting your opinion in - ever.
    This is what makes this forum so great

I'm sure vdub appreciates what everyone has to say.
    I know it also educates me, so that I know what else and who else is out there, that can help
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about an ENT, but the wheels are already spinning in one direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I've thought about an ENT, but the wheels are already spinning in one direction.
    But this disease goes in several directions, so why not treatment? Hope you get answers sooner than 2 months!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it is December 9 and we were just wondering on another thread how you are doing. I realize you probably haven't had the appt. yet with the pulmy, mentioned above. Just hoping you are not feeling too bad and getting through each day with some rewarding activities, such as working on the MG. It sure seems a lot easier to get quick appts. here in Olympia than in your tiny little corner of the state.... but then I already have ongoing relationships with my pulmy and ENT, which I guess makes a difference. We'll look forward to hearing what the pulmy has to say, and I hope you can be kept comfortable with whatever meds you are on.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was just asking about you vdub. I will calmly wait to hear about your appt. I hope you have been able to do some interior work on the MG. Take care of you.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping everything is going a little better and you aren't in to much pain.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast