Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: lung issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry, vdub, that your lungs are not functioning better yet. I hope it is a matter of recovery and time. I guess that the fluids also disturb so once they will gone, the lungs should be better.

Also thanks God for the other organs which were put back to place.

Hang in there. It takes more time to heal when you are a weggie. Keeping you in my prayers ♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure hope you see some improvement as you heal more. Best wishes for better health!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope things start improving for you, as time goes by. My thoughts are with you, please take care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your new avatar...now that is you !! Hope you start to improve and the fluids don't start building up.take care of yourself and keep us posted.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw my lung surgeon last weekend. His wife is my endo and we all have become personal friends. He told me that it might take some time for my lung to fully drop where I start feeling the benefit of the plication. Its been 2 and half months now and I do notice a difference -- not as much as I had hoped for, but its getting better.

A new problem has cropped up that leads me to believe that the paralyzed diaphragm was caused by something other than an injury or wegs (I don't know how wegs might have caused the issue). A couple weeks ago they did an MRI on my neck and found that my C5-C7 vertebrates showed damage from regular old osteoarthritis. I see a neurosurgeon next week (the same neurosurgeon who took out my pit 6 years ago) and he might be able to shed some light on the problem.

The damaged vertebrae are pretty painful, so I'm hoping they can give me steroid shots or something to alleviate the pain. I can't take NSAIDs due to conflicts with other drugs, otherwise, I'd probably be loading up on Ibuprofen. Hydrocodone doesn't seem to help the pain and I read a study on the internet where surgery doesn't always help for these types of conditions. We'll see....

In the meantime, I try to live life as normal as possible and try not to whine too much about the crappy lot I've drawn.... I don't have to look very far to find someone in a much worse situation than me, so I'm thankful I'm as good as I am....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update, vdub. Thanks God that the lungs are getting better. Praying that it will continue to heal.
    Sorry about the vertebrae damage. My father had similar issue not long ago. He got epidural injection to the area, which helped him with the pain.
    Hydrocodone can suppress the breathing so dont be sad that its not working. Its better without it. I hope you will feel better soon. You sure had enough...
    Keeping you in my daily prayers ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well that's a bit crappy. When is the Neuro appointment? Soon I hope. BUT good that your lung is improving and that the doc says it will continue to do so. Sucks having to wait all that time though. I just hope they can deal with that vertebrae issue effectively and efficiently....and soon Keep on keeping on mate!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When is the Neuro appointment? Soon I hope.
    I believe many people on the forum have said how important it is to be your own advocate and that has certainly been true with this situation. Originally, they had me plugged in to see the neuro on 29Aug, but that just wasn't going to hack it. There's no way I was going to put up with this pain for any longer than I had to, so I whined and sniveled (excellent technique, btw) and got the appt moved to 15Aug for the neuro.

Apparently, it takes a special kind of doc to inject steroids into your neck and that is yet another appt after getting a referal from the neuro. Fortunately, that doc isn't too booked up and I should have something done by 17Aug. Hopefully, a good dose of injected steroids will relieve some of the pain.

I'm really getting tired of all this. I need to get back to living life again and the living part keeps getting interrupted by medical issues, but I'm optimistic that it will all turn around in the next few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with the appointment vdub. Only a couple of more days and you will have some answers.

My husband also had an epidural injection in to his vertebrae and is doing well. This was 20 years ago.

Keep strong. I have everythng crossed for you and know that you will be back to living life again, real soon
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain and hope that the injections will help you. My Mom had neck and back surgeries in the past and now has injections about every 6mos in her lower back, which helps her greatly with her pain. I hope you get back to being able to have a more pain free life soon. Take care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast