Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: lung issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub,
    You sure have turned grey, no wonder! I am wishing you all the best, I really hope you get a good answer soon and feel better. Lily, I hope you also get to feeling better soon. Hang in there! V, I like your grey, you look distinguished!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow all this waiting has made your hair turn grey !!!
    Indeed!

I have a partial answer from the pulmonologist..... Basically, I have several small issues, each of which alone, don't amount to much, but when added together, they cause the problems I'm having. I have a partially paralyzed diaphragm and an elevated right lung, the two of which are reducing my lung capacity to about 65% of normal. Then my heart is failing to fully compress on the "compression stroke" (to put it in engine terms), so I'm not using all of the oxygen that is in my blood stream. And, I have a bit of sleep apnea, so I'm getting less opportunity to get oxygen.

My O2 saturation level is usually staying at about 90%, which is the very low end of normal. If I had 88%, they would put me on oxygen all the time -- I really don't want that.

The pulmonologist is doing one more test for subglottic stenosis and we all know what that is. He said he would not recommend surgery on the trachea under any circumstances, so whether I have it or not makes no difference. I'll be going through the test mostly for curiosity.

My only option at this point is to make my remaining oxygen capabilities more efficient by simply exercising. He said I won't be able to start out very strong and it will take 6 months to notice a difference. It will never be normal and little can be done about it. Such is life.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub, hi... I feel for you, having these problems... Vdub, my question is, since you will not be doing anything on the subglotic stenosis, is it worth stessing the body for? Curious how invasive the testing is, as yes I believe I have this as well..I never looked into what's really involved with the testing, and all the info, makes my head feel like its going to explode, so don't recall exactly... Again, I hope they have a good plan, or get one for you, Vdub... Deb.
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a lot of answers for one doc's visit, vdub. Though there may still be more. My issues aren't as complicated as yours, but I do have decreased lung capacity from Wegs damage, and my doc has also said I could improve this with more exercise. So we should both start walking and report back! And I'm sure there are others who could join us....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it worth stessing the body for?
    Oh yes, I'll get it done! Or, as Rain man would say "Definitely do it, definitely!"

So we should both start walking
    I used to run (jog) 6 to 8 miles a day -- I did that for about 25 years. I hate to walk, but, with my new bionic knee, there's to much impact to jog. I will probably find a good hill to climb. That ought to get my heart racing enough and I hope the lungs can keep up. I won't know until I try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub, that's awesome, good for you... How bout speed walk? As far as the test for whatever they do for stenosis, I should find out later, so we shall see... Vdub, i wish you the best... Deb.
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Oh yes, I'll get it done! Or, as Rain man would say "Definitely do it, definitely!"

I used to run (jog) 6 to 8 miles a day -- I did that for about 25 years. I hate to walk, but, with my new bionic knee, there's to much impact to jog. I will probably find a good hill to climb. That ought to get my heart racing enough and I hope the lungs can keep up. I won't know until I try.
    I should think climbing a hill would be more fun, with stopping to rest of course, than walking on flat land, for someone who hates walking. And would do as much good as jogging, without harming your knees.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever they do for stenosis
    After numbing up your throat, they stick a video camera down and take pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok, so like endoscopy? Vdub, that's what I had, that set off all this... Weird, huh? Im guessing, no scratch that, I know I already had it, just wasn't showing, except messed up stomach, fatigue, and going down to eighty nine pounds... Then routine endoscopy, and oh boy, all hell broke lose... Every symptom, had them all by the two week mark following. This is why I say stressing the body. With me, i would have more symptoms after a teeth cleaning. Thanks, Vdub, good to know... Deb
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update vdub. I am sorry for the many issues you are dealing with at once. I wonder if respiratory physiotherapy can help... and also if using CPAP at night can give you more oxygen at night... hang in there... sending prayers and love ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast