Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: lung issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things are slowly getting better. A lot of the swelling is down and there's less pain -- I can do a light cough now with only moderate pain. Some motions really set off a flood of pain, but you learn what those motions are really fast and avoid them. I still don't feel any improvement on my breathing, but it's only been 9 days, so no worries. I restarted my mtx today, so that should take away some of the normal wegs pain and I'm going to start tapering off the oxycodone and replacing it with hydrocodone, then, eventually, my normal tramadol, which is about the same effectiveness as the hydrocodone (50mg vs 325/7.5mg). Just this much typing causes a lot of back pain around the incision area, so more later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear the pain has lessened some, and it's got to get better from here on. We'll all be thinking of you.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as today is better than yesterday...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. Keep up the work to heal up soon.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad that your pain is kind of easing up some. I wonder if you could use a light wrap around that area, if that would help with the pain of movement. I know you could not put anything to tight around you, because it would not be good for breathing. I know when I had lung surgery, I used a light wrap to move around with. I know you have quite an incision and probably just the smallest of movements must hurt like hell. I hope things continue to get better for you, take good care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad you are not only on the mend, but feeling less pain. Keep us informed!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    I am glad that your pain is kind of easing up some. I wonder if you could use a light wrap around that area, if that would help with the pain of movement. I know you could not put anything to tight around you, because it would not be good for breathing. I know when I had lung surgery, I used a light wrap to move around with. I know you have quite an incision and probably just the smallest of movements must hurt like hell. I hope things continue to get better for you, take good care of yourself.
    Maybe just hugging gently a soft pillow if you need to cough ?
    I am glad that you are feeling better. I keep you in my daily prayers ♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they always give people with heart surgery a stuffed animal to hug when they need to cough or move. Glad to here its getting better..hope the breathing is....Take care
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi VW,
    Many thanks for giving us a valuable insight into your treatment and recovery. I feel your pain thru every message you type!

Its a slow process which will finally result in a lasting recovery and all of our thoughts are with you every step of the day. Can you walk at all? what can you do to get through a 'normal' day for you??

Wishing you all the very best from Linda and me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been 2 weeks now since the surgery and I am able to get around quite well, but not for very long at a time. Another week and I think I'll be able to do most things that don't require heavy lifting. Unfortunately, the heavy lifting is exactly the stuff I need to be doing. But, I'll spend the extra time with my new granddaughter -- she's 14 weeks old now. One of the best things I've been able to get back to is short drives in the MG -- whoah!!

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast