Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: lung issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow its been almost impossible to breath myself reading your postings VW, hope the wall of pain has subsided and the path to remission opened up in front of you. You never seem to do things by halves do you!

Concentrate on taking those small steps to recovery and think about sunny days in the MG with the top down!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m home now… Sort of home... The doctors didn’t want me to leave the local area for a few days in case anything happened, so we are in our RV (caravan), which is quite large and comfortable -- its as good as home.

The incision is from the bottom of the right shoulder blade all the way around the rib cage to the edge of the rib cage below the sternum. It’s about 8” of pain.

The incision goes between the ribs and cuts the muscle through to the chest cavity. It had to be large enough so they could get a hand completely in the chest cavity and move all my other organs out of the way and stretch the diaphragm tight, sew it in-place, and give the lung some room to expand. Every breath, every movement hurts. Laying on my back hurts, laying on my side hurts. Standing up hurts, but, sitting down also hurts. I have had oxycodone before, but never liked it – I certainly like it now! But, even it isn't taking care of all the pain. Time is what I need.

So far, the surgery hasn’t helped much – maybe a little, but not much. I don’t expect instant relief -- it will take time. I’ve had 9 major surgeries since getting Wegner’s. Six of those have been a direct result of having Wegener’s. This surgery, by far, has been the most painful, but it’s probably a toss-up between this one and the brain surgery as to which was the most dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you continue to make good progress!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry you are going thru so much pain. I hope the pain becomes more manageable soon. My thoughts are with you, take good care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hopefully the end result makes the pain worthwhile.

Try standing on one foot, facing SSE with one arm stretched out in front of you and the other pointed directly upwards. The leg you aren't standing on should then be pointed directly behind you - kinda like a ballerina. Try it and tell me if that hurts too

Seriously though mate hope the pain goes away soon and you can relax and start healing properly.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub, I hate hearing you are going through such a rough time! I just hope the pain becomes noticeably less, starting soon! I'm glad you have your RV there, and your wife for company and support, but am really looking forward to hearing that you'll be going home for real! Best wishes that this ordeal will be in the past before you know it and you can get on with your life.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that nurse wasn't wrong when she said the pain would get worse. I'm so sorry that you are having so much pain.
    I will certainly let you off the hook on being nice to nurses, she doesn't deserve your kindness for saying such things

I hope you can find a comfortable position, that doesn't cause too much pain for you and I too hope the pain eases very quickly.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry for your pains, vdub. I hope that you are getting better each day. Just think about all your organs back in their place, how important it must be... I guess it is too early to estimate the results of your lungs functions. So we will keep on praying for the best outcomes.

When you will feel better, please post some pics of your RV, inside and outside.... sounds great to have it

Hang in there. Keeping you in my daily prayers, and I have a private messenger who takes them straight to heaven. So you should start feeling better very soon. Sending lots of love ♡♡♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. Best wishes for quick recovery! Hope things feel better soon. Rest up as much as you can. I found sleep helped the time pass after surgeries.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best to you vdub.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast