User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: heart breaking story, posting for a friend. can we help her ? please ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy! I re read my reply post and its so messed up! There is no submit button on my screen so I'm blind here. Feels like I'm in the twilight zone! An internet conspiracy! As if the doctors wasn't bad enough! Felt a lot like a conspiracy there as well! Well all I can say is what a ride! At least I had a laugh today! Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol... I am glad you found how to do it, deb.
    You can edit your post: press on the edit option after the post is already done. Its in the right corner of each post at the bottom. Then you get your post and you can edit it. Then you press on save changes.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Oh boy! I re read my reply post and its so messed up! There is no submit button on my screen so I'm blind here. Feels like I'm in the twilight zone! An internet conspiracy! As if the doctors wasn't bad enough! Felt a lot like a conspiracy there as well! Well all I can say is what a ride! At least I had a laugh today! Deb.
    Noboddy cares about speeling hear, and noboody cares if your postsa re jumbled, or you sound crazy, sad, depressed, ok use your imagination to continue that list of what nobody cares about. You've been reading this forum so you already know what this group DOES care about. Oh, and welcome, keep posting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debra,
    I am so sorry that you are having such a terrible time trying to get the treatment that you need. I am glad that you finally joined us here. We are always here to listen and wish you all the best. I know you have had a rough time with this unpredictable disease, there is help out there. Is it possible that you might reach out to your case worker for help with getting a list of doctors that take Medicare/Medicaid in your state? Please take care and keep posting.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank u! So this is my 5th time trying to respond,so I will keep it short! Real short! Until I can out why my buttons seem to be different than your buttons,on the submit after posting? And why I keep powering down! Just want to say thank u! Alysia you're amazing! Taking time out for me,I so appreciate it I am not even able to back up to spell correct! These are supposed to be smart phones! Not so smart after all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank u! So this is my 5th time trying to respond,so I will keep it short! Real short! Until I can out why my buttons seem to be different than your buttons,on the submit after posting? And why I keep powering down! Just want to say thank u! Alysia you're amazing! Taking time out for me,I so appreciate it . I am not even able to back up to spell correct! These are supposed to be smart phones! Not so smart after all! Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry! Oh boy,now it doubled. Please forgive me everyone... Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birdie,I think even you're dog thinks I'm nuts! He's so cute! When I scroll past,I feel like he knows and he's mocking me! Ha ha. Oh I have had a few good laughs today! So funny... Deb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most big teaching universities will accept Medicare and even Medicaid, especially the public ones. Some may limit it to only those who are residents of their state or border states. Example, Mayo clinic takes Medicaid for MN residents and all the states bordering MN according to their web site. I think you said you were in NH and that border Mass so maybe a big teaching clinic and hospital in Boston will give you the treatment you need. They usually have 800 numbers too so start calling. The VF foundation might also have some suggestions.

Call the biggest Clinics you can find and ask if they will accept your Medicaid or if they have any other means to provide you treatment at not cost. Be sure to tell them you diagnosis cause sometimes certain programs have extra or special funding. Some times the teaching hospitals like to have a rare disease in order to teach their residents and interns. I know a hundred plus medical students visited my room during the months I was in the hospital to learn about Wegs. Some times they have special programs to pay for services for people who have no other means to pay for their treatment.

Remember that getting good medical care can be difficult and time consuming especially when your ability to pay is limited by your insurance plan. Last year I had to spend over 50 hours on the phones to find a vendor that would sell me the insulin pump supplies I needed through Medicare. It is frustrating that things are often so difficult but I did finally find one last year and now have found another one this year for back up too if needed.

Good luck in your quest.
    Last edited by drz; 11-19-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra and welcome to the posting world of the forum.

I'm so glad that you are finally able to feel comfortable enough to share your story, but oh boy, you have certainly been messed around.

Everyone above has said the right things, so I will just send you a massively big HUG from Australia, and hope that you find some comfort, and some laughs, with this gang.

Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast