Quote Originally Posted by Aneinu View Post
Hi, how are you all?
Since my son got married and moved out, I haven't frequented this site much (there should be a law against that).
He has been doing well, thank God, but his sinuses keep acting up.
It has never been clarified if the sinuses were related to the Weg's.
Currently, he's on cellcept, on a study for avacopan with 10/15 mgs of prendisone.
His disease usually affects him in the lungs, kidneys, sinus/colds, joints and skin rashes.

Lately, this past week, he has been having headaches. Motrin/tylenol not accomplishing much.
Dr.'s put him on antibiotics for a possible sinus infection.

Do you think the headaches are another symptom?
Does Weg's manifest itself in different ways during a flare up?

Thank you so much and wishing all well.
Hi, Nice to see you around, although we can guess that when you are not, it might mean that Yosef is doing good, which is great.

Congratulations for his wedding and many blessings.

Each flare indeed might look totally different and include other organs. My wg moving as it wish between lungs, nose, ears, joints, eyes, colon and skin (bleedings under the nails).

I think we can say that when one has sinus issues, it is WG when the nose's productions are bloody. Mine includes streams of blood from the nose. Also big crustings which might be colorful but comes with blood (fresh or dry). Sorry for the gross description, but it helps to know how wg looks like when it attackes the sinuses/ nose. It also included nose pains and headaches. Sometimes all the face is aching.

Sinus infection which is not wg related will not be bloody or will have only tiny traces of blood if any, as a result of blowing the nose or so. The productions might be without color, green or yellow. It will react well to antibiotics IF one gets the right antibiotic.

Usually if its WG it will attack not only the sinuses although it might stay only there.

Headaches can be the result of the sinuses infection.

I also have crazy headaches if I try to reduce my pred even in a tiny bit.

Also worth checking his eyes. My younger son complained about headaches and he just needed glasses and the headaches were gone.

If his headaches will continue please consult with his wg dr.

Sending you prayers. Shabat shalom.