Likes Likes:  94
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 year old son

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess its also a matter of the incubation period of the virus. A week sounds reasonable for rash virus. I had a stomach virus the day after rtx. @crowneagle
    Rash of wg is also an option. Especially if the pred helped. I will tag a friend who also got rtx and had a rash sometime after it. In his case they taught its wg. Maybe he can shed more light on this.
    Btw. Worth taking pictures of the rash.
    Last edited by Alysia; 10-22-2016 at 03:38 PM. Reason: I tagged crowneagle.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    I will check if I have.
    Now, it's away.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been amazingly not sick too much lately. I think the apple cider vinegar is helping keep me healthy it is a natural antibiotic antiviral antifungal I think I mix a 1-2 teaspoons in a cup of water and add a little honey. I get the kind of cider with the "mother" in it. I pass on this tip in case anyone wants to try it.

I started taking it to help with keeping my blood sugar lower while taking 60 mg prednisone and it def helps with that. It also helps with lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. So if you are on meds for BP, diabetes, cholesterol you may need to adjust meds as apple cider vinegar does impact these things. It's very good for digestion too. It has enzymes and probiotics.

http://bragg.com/products/bragg-orga...r-vinegar.html

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest live update.
    Yosef began the second half of his second dose of rtx. They started him at a decent pace of 37 ml an hour and after half hour they increased to 74. Within minutes he pulled the nurses cord. His face was beet red, chest became tight and he had trouble breathing. They called emergency code. Nurses pulled the rtx. Doctor came in and they injected with 100 mg of hydrocortisone, monitored pulse and heart. Within a minute or two he was feeling considerably better. Benadryl obviously having effect as well as he is extremely sleepy now. Head doctor here and his head rheumy are rethinking their viral diagnosis for his extreme rash of last week and perhaps it was indeed reactionary to the rtx, although it was almost a week before. She is aborting the rtx and on a wait and see with labs further down the road to determine the future therapy.

Last edited by Aneinu; 10-29-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, so scary... Thanks God they found a way to stop the reaction.. Did they give him IV of steroids before they started the rtx ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Oh my, so scary... Thanks God they found a way to stop the reaction.. Did they give him IV of steroids before they started the rtx ?
    No. Benadryl and Tylenol.
    He took his 40 mg of prednisone earlier in morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aneinu View Post
    No. Benadryl and Tylenol.He took his 40 mg of prednisone earlier in morning.
    That is too bad, as solumedrol (IV steroids), Benadryl and Tylenol are all three part of the approved standard RTX protocol. 1000MG is the standard IV steroid protocol, but my doc gives me 120MG. He doesn't want the future problems associated with major doses of steroids.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Mike. big neglect on their part. the formal protocol is to give 100 or 120 IV steroids 30min before starting rtx. you can find this protocol on every formal info page for rtx. I suspected that they didnt give him, thats why I asked. I guess that if he is back to normal they can continue but very slowly.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will ask about the steroids.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aneinu how is Yosef today? Fully recovered? I'm sorry he had a bad reaction to the ritux. . How did his first infusion go? Any reaction then?
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast