Likes Likes:  94
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 year old son

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize it was your son that was diagnosed with gpa. I hope and pray that the treatments are successful & he is feeling better soon.
    God bless you, your son and your family.

Lindy17

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy17 View Post
    I didn't realize it was your son that was diagnosed with gpa. I hope and pray that the treatments are successful & he is feeling better soon.
    God bless you, your son and your family.

Lindy17
    Thank you so much and to you and yours as well.

He took bloodwork today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aneinu, i'm so sorry your son has to endure this, especially just turning 21. as a parent, you only want to protect your children, and they have so much more life to live. we are all guilty of taking life and good health for granted. i only wish i could trade places with my adult daughter who has wegs. wishing and praying for your son, you/wife as parents...and for us all who are touched by this awful rare disease!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is yoseph doing?
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is doing well, thank you. He says he is feeling fine, except for the usual (if there is such a word with this disease) aches and pains that come with GPA. As his markers are still elevated, they are scheduling him for RTX a week from this Monday. As of now they will continue this manner of treatment and see where it takes us. Thank you for asking. Hope you feel well and thanks so much to this entire group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, it has been a busy week (including the birth of a new granddaughter, who has her own set of health issues). Yosef received his second set of rtx last Monday (the first was close to a year ago when he was first diagnosed). He took it well. His numbers and markers (pr3 and protein in urine and others) have been elevated. Runny and weezy nose for the past several days and some itchy pimple outbreak on his knees and elbows. Usually, for allergies, he takes zuratech, but we were out and he took allegra. This morning he woke up with rashes all over his body, puffiness around eyes and swollen cheeks and neck. He took done benadryl and then we went to emergency room. They treated it as an allergic reaction and shoot him in thigh with efinem and some zuratech. The swelling and rashes are lighter now and less but he is still itchy. The rumy doctors want us to follow up.

Wishing good health to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aneinu I'm so sorry to hear this about Yosef. Did the ER doctors think he had a reaction to the ritux infusion? Or did something else trigger the allergic reaction? I hope he is recovering quickly!

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! I hope and pray her health issues are quickly resolved also!!

It has been a busy eventful week for you! Wishing your family peace and healing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gab122 View Post
    Aneinu I'm so sorry to hear this about Yosef. Did the ER doctors think he had a reaction to the ritux infusion? Or did something else trigger the allergic reaction? I hope he is recovering quickly!

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! I hope and pray her health issues are quickly resolved also!!

It has been a busy eventful week for you! Wishing your family peace and healing!
    Thank you.

They do not think at this time that it is a reaction to the rtx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the rashes were getting worse we brought him back to er last night. They admitted him. With another shot, more benadryl and iv, it has gone down. Head rheumy thinks it must be viral as he is on 20 mg of prednisone. They will do blood work today and monitor him. They upped his steroids now as well.

Last edited by Aneinu; 10-20-2016 at 01:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's viral that means no methotrexate right? I know you said he doesn't want to restart that. Fingers crossed he doesn't need to!
    I hope he is better and released soon. Praying for a healthy Fall/winter and 2017 for him!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
    Proverbs 3: 5-6

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast