Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Blog Update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Blog Update

Hi all - hope you're all doing ok & hanging in there. I have had a rough couple of months, but doing as best I can. I updated my blog this week if you would like to read it. It's at http://teridinosaur.wordpress.com, and the title is "Alone". Thanks for reading it; God bless you.
    Teri from Texas
    Diagnosed w/WG March 2015
    "Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." - Psalm 30:2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txrepub4God View Post
    Hi all - hope you're all doing ok & hanging in there. I have had a rough couple of months, but doing as best I can. I updated my blog this week if you would like to read it. It's at http://teridinosaur.wordpress.com, and the title is "Alone". Thanks for reading it; God bless you.
    I've got two things to say...

1) You are not alone.

2) Where's my Pumpkin Pie Blizzard?

blizzard.jpg
    Blizzard Fan Club - Deals, News & more

I'll share it with you when I get one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, those are the BEST! Well, until "Chemo Stomach" says noooooooooo, I'm in control & I said ramen noodles today.......
    Teri from Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job writing. We can relate.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teri, I read your blog entry and it hits the nail on the head for so many, if not all, of us. Alone is the key word, even when surrounded by family and friends, sometimes. You are right, we can't just go around talking to them about it all the time. There's usually nothing they can say, and it makes them feel awkward. People see us functioning out in the world and think we must not really be sick. Or if we are home and not functioning in the world, we get ignored and overlooked too often. I am doing pretty well with my GPA now and not as debilitated as you are. But that doesn't mean I can do nearly what I did before or that I couldn't use a lot of help with a few things. I do get help and support here and there. People have done some incredibly nice things for me. But at the end of the day, there is still, alone. Though Gary is right, we are NOT alone here on this forum. That is why I check in with it every day. Best wishes, and hoping you have friends and neighbors looking in on you.... if not, call them and let them know you can use some company!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Best wishes, and hoping you have friends and neighbors looking in on you.... if not, call them and let them know you can use some company!
    Oh, Teri... post their email's here and we'll all spam em...

Subject: "Get off your a** and go see Teri!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just say, I have a sister that lives in my town about 5 miles from me. She moved here in May and this town has about 30,000 people......I haven't seen her since then. Some texts, but no visits. I also live within 5 miles of an aunt & what used to be a very close cousin, plus a few other family members - haven't seen them either. I know they're all busy with their lives, kids, grandkids, jobs, etc., while I'm sick at home with no car unless I work it out for the day with my hubby to have him get a ride to work so I can have the car for a doc appointment.
    Teri from Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just say, I have a sister that lives in my town about 5 miles from me. She moved here in May and this town has about 30,000 people......I haven't seen her since then. Some texts, but no visits. I also live within 5 miles of an aunt & what used to be a very close cousin, plus a few other family members - haven't seen them either. I know they're all busy with their lives, kids, grandkids, jobs, etc., while I'm sick at home with no car unless I work it out for the day with my hubby to have him get a ride to work so I can have the car for a doc appointment.
    I can relate to that, except that all my close friends and relatives/wives... are dead or moved cross country.

If you have their email then send a link to your blog, make certain they know you need their companionship and sometimes their help just to get by in life. But whatever you do, stop thinking you're alone. Not the same as face to face but there's a whole bunch of people here who totally understand.