Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New combo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New combo

Just finished my third week on Orencia injections and methotrexate injections. My nasal cavity is actually clean with just a few crustings. Side affects suck but otherwise pretty cool to finally have some relief. Ask your docs about this@!!!!! (

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What side effects are you having? Hope they diminish soon.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
    Just finished my third week on Orencia injections and methotrexate injections. My nasal cavity is actually clean with just a few crustings. Side affects suck but otherwise pretty cool to finally have some relief. Ask your docs about this@!!!!! (
    Hi Red,

I'll ditto Pete and ask about side effects, and also ask what criteria were used to prescribe the treatment? Did something else fail to work or have intollerable side effects?

Thanks,
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TV ads alone scare me! Glad the Orencia is working for you. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the first reaction is fatigue. I slept for two days. Hurt all over. Next dose was different, still tired but also antsy! Bit contradictal. Third week FINE!!!!! The study has been going on for a year now in mass and Penn. I think. My doctor knew the doctor doing the study and felt confident with starting me on this. Let's hope it lasts. I am allergic to rituxin so we had to find some other option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're improving and the side effects don't get any worse, you should be ok. Keep your doc advised of your side effects and their severity. They may need to adjust the dosage. Good luck!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
    Well the first reaction is fatigue. I slept for two days. Hurt all over. Next dose was different, still tired but also antsy! Bit contradictal. Third week FINE!!!!! The study has been going on for a year now in mass and Penn. I think. My doctor knew the doctor doing the study and felt confident with starting me on this. Let's hope it lasts. I am allergic to rituxin so we had to find some other option.
    Very cool... you're a groundbreaker. Hope it works wonders for you and everybody else who may benefit when the trial is over. As for side effects, well you can't get away from that. Seems any treatment has side effects. Come here and vent as needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your good thoughts. I've never met anyone with our fun disease. Glad to know you are out there for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wishing you all the best with this new treatment. Please keep us informed on your progress, this is very exciting to hear there maybe some new options out there. Take care of yourself.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all!