Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Menstruation after stopping cyclophosphamide

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Menstruation after stopping cyclophosphamide

Anyone, has had any experience of amenorrhea while on cyclophosphamide and then after stopping it return of menstruation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder the same thing. I'll be following this thread. I have missed six months and have just recently switched from cyclophosphamide to Azathioprine. At first I only had amenorrhea but now I am having hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause. I am 41. I was initially working with a rheumatologist who told me it was not likely to come back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine were irregular for a while, but never went away completely. After Cyclo was stopped, they went back to normal, although they were slightly shorter than they had been before.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the pediatric Weggie girls I know of resumed cycles. And those who had not ever started eventually began. I don't know if it makes a difference, but pediatric cases usually have Cytoxan administered thru infusion, to my understanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 42 & my period was already very hit-or-miss for a year before starting Cytoxan. I would have a very short period, then nothing for many months, then another short one. I began taking Cytoxan in May 2015 (150 mgs/day oral), and haven't had a period at all. I pray it's gone for good! I never had kids and had my tubes tied at age 27.
    Teri from Texas
    Diagnosed w/WG March 2015
    "Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." - Psalm 30:2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine had stopped for a few month prior to being on cyclo, but when I was released from the hospital they came back regularly. And jimminie crickets did they hurt! Now rarely is a month is missed but when it does hurts like the dickens.