Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kidney stones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kidney stones

I haven't been on the forum for a time. I've tried concentrating on living, but I miss the company.
    Had a bout with kidney stones a couple of weeks ago. Thought of the forum while in the hospital. Tried to get on but it wanted me to log in and I didn't have the info with me.
    The stone made my creatinine rise. I am usually at about 1.4 (suffered kidney damage due to wegs a few years back). In the hospital it got up to 2.5. At discharge it was back down to 1.9. Hoping I get back a few more points!
    Has anyone else had similar trouble from stones or infection?

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder you have kidney stones GJ, you are still eating all of that salt and drinking all of that sugar

I have heard of many people in fb groups that talk about kidney stones.......Ouch

I'm glad the stones have now gone and your creatinine levels are reducing again.
    I have never had troubles with them (touch wood) so I can't give any advice in that area
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you're right! I'll switch to beer.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway, eating salt, and drinking a 78oz soda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, just wanted to update and possibly warn others.
    With all of the bloodwork and whatnot this episode kicked up, they found my ANCA was positive.
    I have been in remission and on azathioprine for 1.5 yrs. I know ANCA is often a weak indicator for GPA, but we are having to take precautions.
    My rhumy hopes it's more of a stress reaction to the kidney stone trauma and surgery, but we will see.
    I'll keep you updated on the outcome. Was not expecting kidney stones to kick off a relapse.

Sent from my iPhone while pondering the inevitability of a plurality of intersecting realities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you eat a lot of greens or spinach ? I heard this can cause stones also. I had them when I was about 16....ouch. So I feel for you. Hope everything turns back around for you. Don't be a stranger AND stop texting and driving !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say I eat less greens/spinach than normal. My urologist warned me against salt in any form and to drink more water. Both of these are a challenge for me.

Sent from my iPhone while pondering the inevitability of a plurality of intersecting realities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to know which type of stone- some are calcium in which case you would need to limit calcium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem there is I have osteopenia due to steroids so I'm supposed to take calcium. Vicious cycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch!
    I feel for you.
    I have had several bouts of kidney stones (my son has GPA).
    By me, stress is an instant stoner.
    I can feel 'em comin'.
    I sometimes can walk 'em off, or drink 'em off, but when they come, ouch!
    Chocolate, nuts, coffee and such are kidney killers - for me at least.

Stay strong and keep up the positive attitude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greenjeep,hi! Just wanted to tell u,there are many different forms of calcium,for example carbonate calcium is not good and can contribute to stones,calcium citrate and so many other forms that will break this cycle for u,if the stones are calcium type stones. There is also chelated calcium. I posted yesterday and mentioned a company I used to use,for cheep dependable supplements,but felt weird after,as I don't want people to think I'm a rep,for the company! But today,being cyber Monday,u can get free shipping. U can also research the different forms there. U can veiw the name over at my little home thread,that Alysia helped me with,as I was a long time lurker! I posted it late last night.... Deb. Who was told i also had stones,but oxilate I believe? Who knows!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast