Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probiotics actually helping us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck in CC today, Velma. What dr. do you see there ? Too bad your apt wasn't next week, I will be up there Wed. Let us know what happens.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I had the apt in CC today and my docs attempted to open up the restricted airway again through bronchoscopy, only to find that the damage done from the metal stent placed by another hospital in another state, had caused so much damage that I have to now wear a silicone stent for at least a year to allow it to heal. I had the metal stent sucessfully removed and tried for several months to go stent free but my sad little body is trying to heal the airway and it is closing it off-to the best of my knowledge- and gathered explanation,. I was closed off and the choice had to be made.. Time to talk to a lawyer. Anyhow my doc said that the probiotics may help the immune situation but what was happening to me was NOT WG related and totally the damage from the metal stent. All labs and examinations and biopsies proved that this is not WG! That makes me happy.. but so mad at the hell I have been through over the past years.. Sad when you trust doctors to fix things and they only make them 100 times worse.

I have decided to do the probiotics every other day or at least twice a week and go gluten free for a while .. who knows I might loose some of this preddy weight and get healthy at the same time. I will keep you posted..

Thanks everyone for the help and caring!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velma View Post
    So I had the apt in CC today and my docs attempted to open up the restricted airway again through bronchoscopy, only to find that the damage done from the metal stent placed by another hospital in another state, had caused so much damage that I have to now wear a silicone stent for at least a year to allow it to heal. I had the metal stent sucessfully removed and tried for several months to go stent free but my sad little body is trying to heal the airway and it is closing it off-to the best of my knowledge- and gathered explanation,. I was closed off and the choice had to be made.. Time to talk to a lawyer. Anyhow my doc said that the probiotics may help the immune situation but what was happening to me was NOT WG related and totally the damage from the metal stent. All labs and examinations and biopsies proved that this is not WG! That makes me happy.. but so mad at the hell I have been through over the past years.. Sad when you trust doctors to fix things and they only make them 100 times worse.

I have decided to do the probiotics every other day or at least twice a week and go gluten free for a while .. who knows I might loose some of this preddy weight and get healthy at the same time. I will keep you posted..

Thanks everyone for the help and caring!
    That sucks but doctors are human and make mistakes. Glad you found out the problem and have a treatment plan in place to correct it. I have a BAHA that wasn't done the best and am looking at possible solutions to make it better.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Velma ,you don't have wg at all ? That's great ! I know what you mean about drs. My mother had back surgery at CC and now she is in Soooo much pain and can't stand up straight and then can't stand for long. She had to have 3 more surgeries which all made things worse. If the drs. can prove that stent caused all your problems ,I would definitely sue. Good luck to you trying the probiotics.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12