Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tooth Discomfort

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tooth Discomfort

Does anyone experience tooth discomfort with GPA / WG? I have just started to get intermittent aching of my teeth. It is certainly not tooth-ache.

I have had GPA / WG for 6 years. I remember a slight problem around the time of diagnosis but had so many other problems this was the least of my issues. It disappeared as soon as treatment started so thought no more about it! I have not suffered from this since, even through my 3 subsequent flares.

I had a blood test last week and all readings are good (about as good as they ever are!).

Thoughts welcome.
    Diagnosed July 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had some discomfort in my left upper jaw with my bicuspids and first molars. I told my dentist about it (it was sensitive to touch at the root level). He took a panoramic X-Ray but couldn't position the machine and my head to get a clear picture. Same with bite wings. Finally got a CT scan that showed a cyst at the bottom of my sinus. My wegs doc saw it when she read the scan. She said to leave it alone unless the pain got worse. So far, so good...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had pain on upper right back teeth early this year when chewing and thought I had developed some tooth problem but dentist identified it as an inflammation in the sinus area and an antibiotic seemed to settle it down. I had no other symptoms suggesting a sinus infection.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwc51 View Post
    Does anyone experience tooth discomfort with GPA / WG? I have just started to get intermittent aching of my teeth.
    My situation probably doesn't apply to you but I'm loosing my teeth, one fell out this week. It's caused by granuloma in my gums. Could be something to consider.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dental problems increased greatly after developing Wegs. Pred causes problems with calcium absorption and dry mouth and mouth sores are common with Wegs too. Regular and frequent dental exams are important once you have Wegs or diabetes.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwc51 View Post
    Does anyone experience tooth discomfort with GPA / WG? I have just started to get intermittent aching of my teeth. It is certainly not tooth-ache.

I have had GPA / WG for 6 years. I remember a slight problem around the time of diagnosis but had so many other problems this was the least of my issues. It disappeared as soon as treatment started so thought no more about it! I have not suffered from this since, even through my 3 subsequent flares.

I had a blood test last week and all readings are good (about as good as they ever are!). Thoughts welcome.
    When I was in full-bore flare-up, I had massive tooth pain. Mostly in the molars at first, then it moved to the front when the nose started having active involvement.

Keep after it and if it does not get better, have your ENT scope the sinuses to make sure there is nothing going on in there that you don't need. (-8
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My teeth tend to ache a lot. I thought it was just old age until reading this. Thinking back it started after I developed Wegner's. It is especially bad after I get a filling done. The nerves seem to be extra sensitive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first signs of Wegs was bad tooth ache, it started in one tooth and then moved around my mouth, to other teeth, in either side of my mouth, top or bottom, I had 3 or 4 teeth re filled, my dentist had no idea.

Regards woz....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know sinusitis can cause a dull ache in the upper teeth, but I too had a horrible toothache a couple of months ago. Just about the time I was going to gave it looked at it went away completely. I didn't ask any questions so I wouldn't be told any lies.

Sent from my iPhone while pondering the inevitability of a plurality of intersecting realities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is sinus related - Dentist can see nothing. I am just getting over a bad cold (started well after the onset of the tooth problem) which has exacerbated the problem. Once through the cold I am getting bloods done and my rheumatologist suggests getting some scans etc to try and narrow down the issue.

Thank you all for your input.
    Diagnosed July 2009