Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News of The Pierre(42)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Put a scarf around your neck and strategically pull the front of it up over your nose and mouth when you get into the plane.
    Just pretend that you are cold.
    It really does save you from the germs that are flying around, and is less noticeable than wearing a mask to avoid germs.

Apart from that - you are going to enjoy the plane
    I thought of you and the scarf, too, when replying to Nikki, Michelle. I agree it would be just as effective as any of the common masks, and a lot better looking and less noticeable. And I've always been nervous about flying, the few times I have, but have always enjoyed the window view immensely, once I was up there.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A scarf! Perfect!!!! I have the perfect scarf. I'll have to remember to bring it for my travel days. Hand sanitizer is probably insanely impossible to get on a plane what with all the travel rules. I'll go with the scarf.

After all, Michelle, I can't come visit you down in Oz without making this jump,right? We are planning to go to NZ. My sister in law is going to school down there.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get travel-sized bottles of hand sanitizer at the grocery store, drug store, or maybe Target.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, washing your hands is supposed to be better than hand sanitizer, anyway, so do that before, after, and during your time on the plane. True what Pete just said, too. I've gotten 3 for $1 at the Dollar Tree.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    Hand sanitizer is probably insanely impossible to get on a plane what with all the travel rules.
    Sanitizer wipes are not a bottle of liquid, I doubt they're a problem on a plane and they are supposed to work better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to avoid the bathrooms on planes. I don't know how really large people even manage to get into them, they are so squishy......and dirty.

The little wipes that you get from KFC or even the travel hand sanitisers are the best options, in my opinion.

We are also trying to plan a trip to NZ next year, or the year after. Maybe we can go at the same time Nikki
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point about the plane bathrooms, Michelle. My trips were so short I didn't need them, and I can only imagine. Maybe OK for a quick hand wash and would assume they use antibacterial soap. But the hand wipes do sound perfect, and can easily be used around the nose and mouth, too. Maybe the flight attendants would even have some on hand. (I almost called them stewardesses, dating myself..)
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking last night and I remember that we also took a little packet of baby wipes with us.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left my heart in San Francisco ...
    (and my gall bladder in Sydney).

I lived and worked in SFO during The Great DotCom Boom-n-Bust, 1996-2003.

.... Counting down the seconds waiting for The Final Confirmation....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123