Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra large plugs / slugs ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extra large plugs / slugs ???

The crazy things I blow from my nose have got quite a lot bigger of late , literally bigger than my little finger
    is this usual ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne 14 View Post
    The crazy things I blow from my nose have got quite a lot bigger of late , literally bigger than my little finger
    is this usual ???
    I would say YES, for sure. Why they are getting bigger of late, I can't answer, but that size is not big at all compared to some we have heard of and even seen pictures of on here, if we dared to look. I don't remember the names of the threads, but the word "boogers" was probably in at least one of them.

I can only speculate a couple of things. 1.) perhaps more is accumulating and not being flushed out every time you irrigate (if you do) with a saline rinse, via squeeze bottle or neti pot, e.g. If you aren't irrigating, that could be a reason for it building up and causing more of a blockage, compounding the problem. 2.) If there is erosion in the bony structures of the nasal cavity, some of the spaces for mucus to collect could be getting bigger, producing larger clumps. In my case, it is sort of the opposite; the bony parts are just about all eroded away, so the nooks and crannies where mucus is produced and collects have kind of disappeared. As a result, I have less of them and smaller ones nowadays, though there is still some, and if I'm not diligent about rinsing, they will build up to pretty big chunks. BTW, these are just theories from my overactive imagination....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha ha - slugs! That's a great word to describe what has been coming out of my nose! I've always called them grey, rubbery blobs, but you get the idea. I think they are actually a type of fungal ball, which really shouldn't be up there in our nostrils. I have been diagnosed with aspergillosis fungisitis in the past, and every time I get a bad sinus infection, I get slugs coming out of my nose. Ugggggggh, I really feel for you.....those are very hard to blow outta there.

is this usual ???
    Teri from Texas
    Diagnosed w/WG March 2015
    "Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." - Psalm 30:2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this usual ???
    Yes indeedie. Most of us with the sinus issues have had these giant crusts at one time or another. Mine were so big coming out during flushing/waterpiking that my wife would come over to the sink to see what just made that huge noise when it finally let loose and I was able to blow it out.

After talking to your ENT, who, if he's any good, will remove them when you go in, irrigate, irrigate, irrigate. Irrigating my nose fairly aggressively has got my nose back to the best it has been in 3 years. I have a pretty close relationship with my ENT now, and that relationship is paramount to my continued quest to get my nose as close to normal as I can.If you have those kinds of crusts and are not satisfied with what your ENT is helping and telling you to do, GO FIND ANOTHER ONE!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by txrepub4God View Post
    That's a great word to describe what has been coming out of my nose!
    Speaking of things coming outa the nose, for a long time I had what can only be described as string cheese. As much as two feet long and gooey rubbery sticky mess. Then there was corn flakes for a while, soaked bleached white rubbery corn flakes.

Like the new profile pic... the face on the right is a big cutie, guessing about 75 lbs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Birdie! Ha ha ha ha ha - she FEELS like she weighs 75 lbs. and food is her favorite subject. She is a Puggle - which is a freakin' stubborn mix of a Pug and a Beagle....and yes, she roooooooos (howls) just like a Beagle. My vet even said, "If there are two dogs that should never be mixed, it's a Pug and a Beagle....they're both stubborn as heck." Although, she is the comedic entertainment for the home. I also have a Blue Heeler on her last paws with cancer, a lab mix that is the best dog on the planet, and a mess of a black weenie dog that thinks she owns the house. Couldn't make it without any of them, which I'll have to do very soon, because the Blue Heeler really is going downhill fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Speaking of things coming outa the nose, for a long time I had what can only be described as string cheese. As much as two feet long and gooey rubbery sticky mess. Then there was corn flakes for a while, soaked bleached white rubbery corn flakes.

Like the new profile pic... the face on the right is a big cutie, guessing about 75 lbs?
    Teri from Texas
    Diagnosed w/WG March 2015
    "Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me." - Psalm 30:2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this usual ???
    Jayne, this could be a sign of infection or even a sign of WG lurking and raising it's ugly head.

Have you had any bloods done lately?

Like everyone else has said, I would get to rinsing the sinuses a bit more often, but also an antibiotic to take for a couple of days to put a halt to any infection that may be lurking
    Last edited by mishb; 09-13-2015 at 01:01 AM.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course. see that thread http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...e-lunch-4.html
    don't miss post number 40 on page 4, and also the lovely star fish of my sweet Phil.
    Last edited by Alysia; 09-12-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now seriously, bloody big productions from the nose are indications for wg activity. smoldering or flaring. 4 years like that made me a saddle nose. I think that it means that you need to ask again your wg doc about your treatment. maybe its not enough. only after getting rtx, I stopped having this lovely "fishes" (this is how Phil and me called them). docs neglect smoldering but it can cause damages not less them flaring. please update how are you doing.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming your talking about Ce Ce our neopolitan mastiff !!
    yes about 75 lbs or so

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast