Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been a long couple months

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    I found a pretty reasonably priced scooter to get around the college campus and bought one this week. It is a convertible one that lets one remove the seat and ride it standing. I did get a prescription from my doctor, so let's see how much the insurance will cover it, if any.

I've had it one day on campus and I already felt better at the end of the day. I'll let you all know how it works over the next couple weeks.
    I have looked at several similar to that one, wish I could ride it since it's far more compact than most.

Here's my newest, had it about a month and I'm waiting for the parts to motorize it. Required a lot of modification to make it work for me but I need the transportation and exercise/physical therapy. It has doubled the strength and stamina in my arms.

ht3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    I have looked at several similar to that one, wish I could ride it since it's far more compact than most.
    Yes, it is compact. I can turn it around in my office with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Here's my newest, had it about a month and I'm waiting for the parts to motorize it. Required a lot of modification to make it work for me but I need the transportation and exercise/physical therapy. It has doubled the strength and stamina in my arms.
    Wow! Nice, that would build up the guns, wouldn't it?!?!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I remember doing something and, only half remembering now, dropping something on my foot. I do remember saying, "that's gonna leave a mark...". Well, that is when I think I probably stress fractured it. I do trudge through a lot of pain before I go down. So that, along with the neuropothy, in my feet probably deadened the pain enough that I was able to get around. Finally that stress fracture just gave way and broke.

Bone density looked good a month ago when I went in for a baseline reading. Showed "minimal loss, but not anything to worry about, not brittle..." yada, yada, yada. Guess it might have been enough for me to stress fracture it anyway!

It is what it is!
    Oh my goodness, you are so much like my GPA, motorcycle loving husband! I hope all heals quickly for you and you are riding the real bike soon.
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12