Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Today marks five years of treatment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Today marks five years of treatment

Today has been a rather weird day for me. I am truly grateful that I made it to this marker. I have been recalling all the different states of physical and mental ups and downs of the last 5 yrs. or more. I remember at 2 yrs. of treatment, I finally came out of denial, that it was going to be a lifetime thing that it was not just going to disappear suddenly. I really felt early on that I was going to be in remission right away and would not have to take all the meds for long. I remember the Doc kept repeating to me, baby steps, this treatment doesn't work for everyone, so we have to switch to this. I have taken every treatment so far. I have finally gotten to 8mgs of preds, RTX every 6mos, Bactrim MWF and the typical Vitamins. I would say that things have slowly improved and it has been baby steps. I have developed a lot of complications from not being able to get off of the preds and also had COPD to deal with, but I'm here. I am so thankful for all the fellowship and friends that I have found thru this forum. I know that over the years, if it weren't for the sound advice and caring words, I would have not gotten thru some of the mental ups and downs as smoothly. So thank you all for being here for me!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    I know that over the years, if it weren't for the sound advice and caring words, I would have not gotten thru some of the mental ups and downs as smoothly. So thank you all for being here for me!
    Not easy but it doesn't suck as bad as the other option. Keep it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Jaha, 5 years and still going strong.
    like I keep telling everybody,
    everyday you get out of bed...... is a good day.

Regards Woz....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you have also been an encouragement to all of us. Best to you on this anniversary.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Jana - keeping ahead of this dog is an awesome thing.

Keep up with being awesome
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep at it lady!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep on keeping on, Jana!! One.day.at.a.time!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay well done Jaha!
    Like you I thought my 5 year anniversary as significant and congratulations go to you!! Keep on taking those baby steps and good luck with the pred reduction (its only a number!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    Today has been a rather weird day for me. I am truly grateful that I made it to this marker. I have been recalling all the different states of physical and mental ups and downs of the last 5 yrs. or more. I remember at 2 yrs. of treatment, I finally came out of denial, that it was going to be a lifetime thing that it was not just going to disappear suddenly. I really felt early on that I was going to be in remission right away and would not have to take all the meds for long. I remember the Doc kept repeating to me, baby steps, this treatment doesn't work for everyone, so we have to switch to this. I have taken every treatment so far. I have finally gotten to 8mgs of preds, RTX every 6mos, Bactrim MWF and the typical Vitamins. I would say that things have slowly improved and it has been baby steps. I have developed a lot of complications from not being able to get off of the preds and also had COPD to deal with, but I'm here. I am so thankful for all the fellowship and friends that I have found thru this forum. I know that over the years, if it weren't for the sound advice and caring words, I would have not gotten thru some of the mental ups and downs as smoothly. So thank you all for being here for me!
    Thank you for sharing your story here. Just reading how it took 2 yrs to finally come to terms has given me hope. I am too hard on my self and need to take baby steps like you did. What is Bactrim? is this an antibiotic they use to treat copd when having gpa? I think I have read this some where on the Vasculitis foundation site . I think with all the throbbing I'm having it might be a good idea to try it and see if symptoms go away. again thank you for sharing

10. Likes Keith liked this post