Thread: Hope you can help me out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hope you can help me out

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rowena and I'm a journalist. For my latest assignment, I want to do my story on WG/GPA patients and their support groups in order to give the disease more exposure. I would it appreciate it so much if people (preferably living in the NSW area or just in Australia) could let me interview them about their experiences with the disease and finding forums and support groups to share your experience. I can do it over coffee or email would be even better.

Many thanks,
    Rowena

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you have the Big Kahuna liking you and he's an Aussie, maybe he can help you. Who do you write for ? I am a little confused because you said that this was an assignment but yet you said you chose to write on the subject ???? Why in just those areas when these disease is worldwide ??? Just wondering.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rowena,

Welcome.

What are you writing for? Sorry that I'm geographically challenged but you can (like so many others) read my story here:

http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...dy-know-3.html

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra, yeah I sent a message to Andrew and he has graciously agreed to help me out. I'm actually a student journalist and this is an assignment for uni. I've chosen to write about WG/GPA sufferers because my friend has recently been diagnosed with it and is always in and out of the hospital. My tutor prefers that I keep the story contained to within Australia (probably because it'd be easier to contact people). I understand that the disease is a worldwide issue but I was hoping, if my article is any good enough, I could post it online for everyone to read

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gary. I'm a student journalist and this article that I'm writing on Wegener's is an assignment, but with any luck I can post it online for people to read and be aware of the disease. Thank you so much for sharing your story! How you are managing to keep going proves that you are a strong person. I hope you don't mind if I quote you or use some of what you said as research to use in my article?

Rowena
    Last edited by Rowena; 08-18-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    I hope you don't mind if I quote you or use some of what you said as research to use in my article?
    You're welcome to use my whinning in whatever way you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should have your friend also join our forum,we might be able to answer some of her questions as well. Good luck on your paper and hope your friend is getting the proper treatment.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !