Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: knee replaced

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck vdub, glad things went relatively well, good to know you will be lurking around for a while. All the best,
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Vdub you dont do things by halves do you!! Hope you didnt aggrevate the knee working on the MG, well it is low to the ground compared to most US cars!

Sounds like you have got things sorted now, which comes as no surprise to me at least. I have had Arthroscopy on both knees and right now the left is giving me gip. I have heard they can only do 3 ops max before complete replacement becomes and option, was that your experience??

Shame about the jogging related injury, I wonder what we are dooing now which will be shown to be detrimental to our health in later years??!!

Hope the recovery goes well and dont rush it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting the mg into a drivable condition and a new knee
    Oh, I have even more secrets.... :-) The MG is just my first. Its an A model -- it is the very first car I ever bought out of high school. When I went to Vietnam it went into storage and stayed there until 2 years ago. But I also have a '67 MGBGT that is waiting to be worked on, a 1956 John Deere 420 tractor, and a 1924 2-ton Caterpillar crawler.

Geoff, I'm pretty convinced the 25 years of jogging while in the military was what affected my knee the most. It has been bad for the past 10 or 15 years. I had one artho done on it and, up until now, I was on a regimen of alternating steroid injections and synvisc injections every 3 months. The injections, coupled with my normal wegs pain regimen, gave me almost complete freedom to do as I wanted with very little impairment. I seriously had no problems with my knees -- I was doing everything I wanted with no pain and could have continued this way for probably many years.

But I knew the underlying problem with the knees was not going to get better and the wegs, or course, is an unknown, so I decided to start the process to fix them. It has gone amazingly well. I'll probably have the left knee done this spring or maybe next fall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Geoff, I'm pretty convinced the 25 years of jogging while in the military was what affected my knee the most.
    And how much of that jogging was done in combat boots?? When I was in basic, after we recovered from the shock of being rousted from our bunks at o-dark-thirty, we "enjoyed" a bracing four mile double time wearing combat boots.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how much of that jogging was done in combat boots?
    That's a good point, but most all was in jogging shoes. I was in the AF -- we even had air conditioned cockpits and after a nice flight around the country, we'd come home to hot meals. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, vdub, for sharing your experiences with the knee replacement and the adrenal crisis. These are things that are helpful for us to know. And I'm glad I don't jog, nor will I ever take that up!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub,
    You have been a very busy guy. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well with the new knee so soon. Good luck to you with your adventures in the USA. Take care and keep us up to date on things.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=vdub;99066]Oh, I have even more secrets.... :-) The MG is just my first. Its an A model -- it is the very first car I ever bought out of high school. When I went to Vietnam it went into storage and stayed there until 2 years ago. But I also have a '67 MGBGT that is waiting to be worked on, a 1956 John Deere 420 tractor, and a 1924 2-ton Caterpillar crawler.
    QUOTE]

I remember you and Phil speaking of these many years ago. Phil certainly loved his cars
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During a drive to my daughter's house to deliver home grown veggies I came upon this. Some how I thought "Hey VDUB"!IMG_1011.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I am going to be Putinized.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast