Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
"Aortic valve disorder" is the only official sounding diagnosis I've got. From my limited understanding it's a leaking valve. It was not my main concern at the time, not even close to a priority if you know what I mean.

I also had a couple bouts of something I have no name for. Heart rate increases for no reason, blood pressure goes high, feel a pounding in the right chest, neck and head. Happens five or ten times a week for maybe ten minutes then calms down. This came up twice for a few months each time, then stopped happening. Did all sorts of tests but by the time he put me on a 24 hour heart monitor the problem had gone. It's been a year since the last occurence.
Birdie, I had the same thing happening with my heart beat. Mine started one day and did not quit. Heart rate kept jumping from normal about 60 beats per minute to 150 beats per minute. The cardiologist finally determined it was tachycardia. This too can be caused by Wegener's. It can be controlled with medication and is a non=life threatening disorder of the heart.