Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hypoparathyroidism

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hypoparathyroidism

I haven't been on the forum in a while and for a good reason.... So far, I've had a bang-up summer! I haven't felt this good in years! But, then, about the time things start going well, there's always something to mess it up.

I knew a couple weeks ago that something was wrong and I suspected hypoparathyroidism because I had been told of all the symptoms when I had my thyroid out. So it wasn't a real shocker when I was dx'ed with hypoparathyroidism today. For me, its just another pain in the butt issue along with all the others, so its not really a traumatic discovery.

However, its interesting to note that the second most common cause of hypoparathyroidism is AI diseases. I tried to search to see if there was any connection between it and GPA, but I couldn't find a direct link. This makes the 3rd AI disease I have. I guess I just have a whole bunch of bad genes.

In my search of info, I ran across an interesting pdf. It didn't answer the question I had, but it gives some statistics with regard to rarity of the various AI's. The main focus, however, is treatment path. Very interesting and authoritative. I think some of you might be interesting in scanning through it.
    http://www.canvasc.ca/pdf/REVISITSlidesEnglish.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My like, is for a bang up Summer and not for the hypoparathyroidism

Why do you insist on getting the diagnosis of diseases that are hard to spell

I hope you can get this new set back under control very quickly so that you may continue to enjoy your summer.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great link, vdub! Sorry about this latest development, but glad you've been having a bang-up summer! Wonder what the weather is like in your little corner of the state... here, it has been phenomenal, though sometimes a bit too hot.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry vdub that you have another new struggle..... but I know that you are a trooper in all ways....
    I wonder if this might be the result of long use of pred .. ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdub,
    I am sorry that you have one more thing, to add to the battle. Glad to hear you are feeling better than you have in a long time. I wish you all the best for enjoying life more and more.Thanks for sharing the interesting information. Take care of yourself and have some fun while you can.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!