User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trials / Prednisone / Fludrocortisone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trials / Prednisone / Fludrocortisone?

Hey Weggers! I hope your day was a good one.

This is probably not new info for many here. So I apologize for any repetition.
    I see there are some interesting trials going on, especially the Abatacept one. Wondered if anyone in this community is involved in any of these trials? I'll cut and past a link below.

I don't see any trials for FLUDROCORTISONE (which has a patent pending for Wegeners Inner Ear treatment.) I also don't see anything that seems to study getting Standard Baseline Cortisol Testing done before prescribing steroids. With so many treatment issues associated to prednisone and HPA Axis Suppression issues it seems odd that endocrine baselines are left out, much less neuroendocrinology. Any info here would be appreciated. I'll probably contact the doc listed below after I get a better grasp. - Tom

-----------------------------------------
    This trial will be conducted by the VCRC in partnership with the European Vasculitis Study Group and other international collaborators.
    The ABROGATE trial will join other ongoing VCRC clinical trials in GPA that include:

• An International, Open Label, Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Rituximab with Azathioprine as Maintenance Therapy in Relapsing ANCA-Associated Vasculitis (RITAZAREM)

• Plasma Exchange and Glucocorticoid Dosing In ANCA-Associated Vasculitis (PEXIVAS)

• The Assessment of Prednisone in Remission Trial (TAPIR)

Physicians with questions about these studies or who want to make referrals should contact Dr. Langford at 216.445.6056 or [email protected].
    Dr. Langford is Director of the Center for Vasculitis Care and Research as well as Vice Chair for Research, Department of Rheumatic and Immunologic Diseases at Cleveland Clinic.
    ------------------------------------

Name/Title: Carol A Langford, MD MHS (also named on the the patent)
    Organization: Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium
    phone: 216-445-6056
    e-mail: [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the trial-
    • An International, Open Label, Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Rituximab with Azathioprine as Maintenance Therapy in Relapsing ANCA-Associated Vasculitis (RITAZAREM)

The 2 year period will end for me in August 2015 but I was randomized to get the rituximab infusions and am completely off prednisone as of April 2015 so it has been very beneficial to me. I travel to UPenn hospital in Philadelphia to see DR Merkel for the trial.