Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tracheal stenosis???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tracheal stenosis???

Do any of you members have trachea stenosis ? And if you do; id appreciate anything you can tell me about the procedures used to diagnosed it. Basically you're story with dealing with this issues. My doctor is sending me to an ENT who is familiar with GPA. I'm just curious so any information would be helpful. Thanks
    Amy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I dont have it. but. there is a section in the forum about this. look carefully. and if you want me to connect you with friends who have it (on facebook) please send me your name to my pm.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you find the answer you needed. If not trachea stenosis is diagnosis'd by putting a scope down your nose and looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I had the scope and they confirmed that I have it I'm really worried about it. So yeah Alysia I'd like that my profile is private so let me give you my email so they can add me [email protected] and thanks for the support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amy.r.kahl View Post
    Well I had the scope and they confirmed that I have it I'm really worried about it. So yeah Alysia I'd like that my profile is private so let me give you my email so they can add me [email protected] and thanks for the support

I sent you pm.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it. They found mine cuz they want in to do a biopsy and could not get in my airway. But I have had to be watched and they will take a needle with some numbing meds and injected in to your throat from the outside. It is not fun!! Then they put a scope down your throat.
    Once they see where it is, then they can decide how they are going to do surgery. I have had 8 surgeries done in a year and half. The scare tissue keeps coming back. During the surge they will injection a steroid to help slow it down. There are two ways that they do surgery, one is just a balloon dilation which will just make it bigger. The other way is the balloon and laser. They have to cut the tissue cut to open it. I have had both done.
    There are many risks but if you don't get the surgery you will die.
    I hope this helps if you have any more questions let me know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear. I have had five surgeries to date. Most were laser to remove scar tissue and balloon dilation, my most recent was removal of part of the scar tissue. The decision not to proceed in this manner was made during surgery, so the likelihood of yet another in the not to distant future is high but I digress the important thing for you is to monitor yourself closely and become aware of your signs/symptoms, this will allow you to seek help before you get critical. Make notes while everything is still fresh in your mine so you can refer back to them. Good luck with it.
    Last edited by Swb21188; 07-30-2015 at 01:37 PM.