Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 year old with wegeners

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manchester5 View Post
    phoebesamantha - My daughter is 15 also. She was diagnosed last week. This is all so new to us and we aren't sure what is going to happen next, just trying to take it all in and educate ourselves on this disease. Allyson (my daughter) is also concerned like you about how this will affect her schooling and activities. Glad you are out there for us as we will be for you.
    Welcome, manchester5, and I'm very sorry to hear of your daughter's diagnosis. That is too young to be saddled with this crummy disease. The one good thing is that there is a lot more time for future research and advancements in treatments, maybe even a cure, to benefit Allyson, when many of us are a lot older and less likely to see that day. Best to you and her, and I'll check for your other post.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some local info you could check out the links at Vasculitis UK - The UK's Leading Vasculitis Charity they seem to be quite active.

This charity seems to organize a lot of stuff, I think they also have a cabin you can use for free: The Lauren Currie Twilight Foundation

gilders is from the UK, so maybe he could have some info about local groups. I know there are at least some 20-year olds in our local FB group, and have heard that many were diagnosed when they were in your age.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12