Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Back to Normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Getting Back to Normal

Hi, I haven't been on this forum in a long time. What have I been doing lately? Well, I decided to go back to college. So far I'm staying on target with achieving A's. I am so thrilled! Honestly, I thought I wouldn't be able to do well in my courses.
    Before I started college, I was extremely depressed. This disease has been so life altering. As my wonderful friend pointed out, I shouldn't be allowing this crazy disease to control my life. Then while talking to my husband and my doctors, who said the same thing, I realized I am not enjoying my life. So that began me on my new journey with going back and finishing my accounting degree. Yes, I love numbers.
    Currently, I am taking a business entrepreneur course. I am needing to interview an entrepreneur. Would anyone be interested?
    If anyone is wondering, the Wegener's and going to college, at first, was causing issues. I was terrified about going back to college and being able to finish assignments, achieve a non-failing grade. These meds I'm on (Imuran for one) have caused some issues with my memory and processing. After a couple weeks of pushing myself, I have been able to get back to almost normal. I still have those day's where I have to walk away from the computer and my books because I get so overwhelmed with everything needed done, my memory and thought processing will slow down. But hey, I'm not calling the chair a table anymore. Yeah, it was that bad, which probably didn't help with the depression any.
    I am so much happier now. It's funny how one little decision, like going back to college, can change my attitude and allow me more control over beating wg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you, Alicia!!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Alicia.
    I've been on Imuran for about 15 of the last 20 years. I've, personally, not known it to effect my memory. The prednisone, on the other hand, really screws with my brain!
    At least it doesn't seem to be effecting your grades with those 'As'. Keep it up!
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay! That's awesome. Congratulations on not letting WG get the better of you, and getting back on track with the life you want to live!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Alicia, don't forget to put a star on the fridge for yourself. Well done.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job Alicia. I wish I was an entrepreneur but sorry to say....keep up the good work !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of entrepreneur do you want to interview? Very small, medium, or large? Successful or struggling? Home based business or bigger than that? I'm a very small home-based entrepreneur who would probably not be up to it, but was just curious.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annekat, the interview isn't size of business specific. The professor wants background information of the entrepreneur, what made them decide to become their own boss, their struggles, challenges', risks & rewards, and what they have learned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilders, you bring up a good point. Maybe it was the prednisone, I was on 100mg dosage for almost a year. So it could have still been affecting me. I didn't think about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    What kind of entrepreneur do you want to interview? Very small, medium, or large? Successful or struggling? Home based business or bigger than that? I'm a very small home-based entrepreneur who would probably not be up to it, but was just curious.
    i think you could do a great job and it might be learning experience for you too. I know there are others on the forum at times who might also be a good candidate for such an interview if they have time and interest in doing so. Often though it is easier for such assignments to approach a local person so you can do it in person.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast