Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictures disapeared

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I have had more luck copying and pasting from Facebook than uploading directly from my computer. But it has been quite awhile since I tried.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thank you. I copy & paste from facebook.
    Ahh ok thought so. The web address where the photo is stored isn't working. Not sure if it's expired or moved or whatever but it's a FB thing rather than a website thing. The web address where the picture is stored is the FB photo storage. They'll probably still be on FB but not here. If you want them permanently here then best to upload directly from your computer to posts on this website.

I hope that's clear If not let me know.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Ahh ok thought so. The web address where the photo is stored isn't working. Not sure if it's expired or moved or whatever but it's a FB thing rather than a website thing. The web address where the picture is stored is the FB photo storage. They'll probably still be on FB but not here. If you want them permanently here then best to upload directly from your computer to posts on this website.

I hope that's clear If not let me know.
    Thank you very much. one more question, where is the explanation about how to upload a picture from my computer (in this case it is going to be from Phil's computer )
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Thank you very much. one more question, where is the explanation about how to upload a picture from my computer (in this case it is going to be from Phil's computer )
    This used to be a lot easier to do, and when inserting a pic, we had the option to upload directly vs. uploading from a URL. Last time I looked, a URL was the only option, which is why we started doing it from Facebook. I know some options have been presented by members for getting a URL for a picture. But it would be a lot easier to just upload directly from our computer files like we could before. (Unless it's been changed again, which I haven't checked....) With the avatar, it's always been possible throughout this time to upload from our computer. It would be nice to have that option with both.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    This used to be a lot easier to do, and when inserting a pic, we had the option to upload directly vs. uploading from a URL. Last time I looked, a URL was the only option, which is why we started doing it from Facebook. I know some options have been presented by members for getting a URL for a picture. But it would be a lot easier to just upload directly from our computer files like we could before. (Unless it's been changed again, which I haven't checked....) With the avatar, it's always been possible throughout this time to upload from our computer. It would be nice to have that option with both.
    Ooooookaaaaaayyyy I get it now. You'd think the admin would have a clue about how the site works huh. Let me look into the uploading issue and get back to you.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aaaannnd fixed. You should see an option to upload attachments from your computer now.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, Andrew. I haven't tried it yet, but just checked the "insert image" function and see that it is now an option, just like before! Thank you very much! Oh, what the heck, here is a pic of me selling my wares at the Olympia Farmers Market. If it works, that is, ha, ha.
    me at Market 6:9:14.jpg

Well, it turned out pretty small, but it is there. Oh, now I see it is a thumbnail and can be enlarged by clicking. Can there be any other options, like just showing it larger to begin with? One step at a time, I guess.
    Last edited by annekat; 06-28-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Awesome, Andrew. I haven't tried it yet, but just checked the "insert image" function and see that it is now an option, just like before! Thank you very much! Oh, what the heck, here is a pic of me selling my wares at the Olympia Farmers Market. If it works, that is, ha, ha.
    me at Market 6:9:14.jpg

Well, it turned out pretty small, but it is there. Oh, now I see it is a thumbnail and can be enlarged by clicking. Can there be any other options, like just showing it larger to begin with? One step at a time, I guess.
    Great testing and feedback, thanks!

I've changed it so original size images are shown. Will see how it goes.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! Thanks!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice looking table of wares.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast