User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone here from the San Diego CA area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Anyone here from the San Diego CA area?

Hi there, Anyone here from SD CA? What Drs? do you go to? Do you know of any face to face support groups? I was diagnosed about 22 years ago I was in remission for quite some time now having the worst flair ever. WG has affected all vital organs,including hearing and all upper respiratory. Currently I'm being treated at UCSD had a kidney biopsy Friday hopefully with the results I will be able to get treatment to get into remission at this time i'm on 60mg pred. Has not helped now I have tingling and numbness in my feet and legs the fatigue is awful Such a wicked disease we suffer from all we can do is take it day by day ..funny how some days you can feel pretty good and the next day you feel horrible again. Remission is possible just taking so long.

Cheers to good health to all of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Patty. I've seen other posts by you, and am glad you are getting so involved in this great forum. It has helped me a great deal from the beginning of my WG in 2011. I hope you can find what you are looking for in your area in terms of docs and support groups. I know there are some members in the LA area, but I'm not sure about San Diego. We have a Weggie Forum members map accessible at top right of page as a blue link, which shows all members who have added themselves there. Otherwise, more people are bound to see this soon! Sorry, I live in the Pacific Northwest, so can't help much. I did live in northern CA for about half my life. But it is a big state. Best of luck to you!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Patty. I'm not in SD but wanted to welcome you to the forum. You have a lot of experience to share I'm sure. Hope you get back into remission soon. The newest and best treatment (in my opinion) is rituxan. It was not around 22 years ago. Ask your drs about it.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Anne,

I really enjoy your posts, you have so much information to share, which I find very helpful. The forum is great so glad I found you guys.

Cheers to good health. Wishing you all the best.

Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Karen, Thank you. I'm hoping to get back into remission soon. I've heard a lot about rituxan. Yes, back in the day it was cytoxan and metx. those were the most common big guns. Hopefully the new drugs are a little kinder.

Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PattyL View Post
    Hi Anne,

I really enjoy your posts, you have so much information to share, which I find very helpful. The forum is great so glad I found you guys.

Patty
    Thanks, Patty! I have only been dx'ed with WG about 4 years, not nearly as long as you have. Everything I know, I've learned right here on this forum, pretty much! I'm so thankful I found it at the beginning of my treatment. I couldn't have asked for anything better to help me through the various stages I was going through, to understand the meds, etc. I'm glad you found us, too, and don't know how you got along without us all those years!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey fellow Californian! My daughter is currently seeing a rheumy at Radys (although usually in the O'side satallite.) We live in Orange County, although I have lived in Escondido, Clairemont, and La Jolla.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no where near you at all but wanted to say Hi and welcome to the forum.

22 years with WG, you are a warrior indeed.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS