Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WG and the Holidays

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face WG and the Holidays

Has anyone noticed if it is a typical time of year to have a flare? It sounds like some of us are recently? i know that you have said that stress causes the flare too. So how do we do the holidays without stress? really? I love the holidays and want them to be wonderful but I also do more, like most people with families do. i am trying to keep a steady pace unstead of the up all night routine that I would pull once or twice a week this time of year.I know that wont work now. So I havent done it. Any suggestions are comments ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two things that make my Wegs flare (a little or a lot) are stress and heat.

My Wegs began in summer and has always been worse then. Makes sense from a holistic perspective-- an inflammatory disease is due to an excess of the Fire element. If I get overheated with central heat in the winter, my symptoms get worse, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop, I was just thinking about that the other day. I have 7 family members staying with us for 4 days during Christmas. There is no way I am cooking all those meals. So it will be a group effort, and I don't think they expect me to clean, cook and pick after them. I am going to have easy meals. I will have to sleep in and try to get enough rest. I noticed if I don't get enough rest I feel worse. I take a nap almost every day. I won't be able to when the guest arrive! They are very noisy, but I love them. I will have to listen to my body and that's all I can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I take a nap almost every day. I won't be able to when the guest arrive!
    Why not?
    Yes, I know it feels awkward and you worry that they will think you rude, but I've got past that stage now. I just say, "If you don't mind, I'm going to have an hours rest. If I don't I'm not going to make it to the end of the day." They soon start to think that maybe you do have something wrong with you after all and family will forgive you anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My big event is Thanksgiving. (fed 30) and throw in a family wedding (I played piano for) and my mother in law getting quite sick, so no husband support as his mother needed him more. No wonder I still feel like crap!

stress is a BIG indicator for me.
    Not to mention the stress of visiting another doctor who I don't know at the Mayo. The good news is he does not see signs of WEGS in my nasal and sinus area at this time. The bad news...I have a severe case of Thrush. (again!) So more drugs and more time consuming swishing and swallowing.........quit complaining you say?

It helps eliminate my stress a bit so thanks for listening.
    Lisa

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Onatreetop, I was just thinking about that the other day. I have 7 family members staying with us for 4 days during Christmas. There is no way I am cooking all those meals. So it will be a group effort, and I don't think they expect me to clean, cook and pick after them. I am going to have easy meals. I will have to sleep in and try to get enough rest. I noticed if I don't get enough rest I feel worse. I take a nap almost every day. I won't be able to when the guest arrive! They are very noisy, but I love them. I will have to listen to my body and that's all I can do.
    Yep! That's what paper plates, chips (crisps) and cold cuts are all about. "The Elephant Strategy" we'll call it, in honor of the first weggie to say, "I'm letting the guests help with meals, and I'm listening to my body."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug! Your so.......male

Doug Guest

I got through the holidays...! Ha! Remember, too, the main meal always needs to be special, with all that girly stuff with decorations and place settings and 25 forks, one for each bite, etc. Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
    doug! Your so.......male
    I am ROTFL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
    The good news is he does not see signs of WEGS in my nasal and sinus area at this time.
    YAY!!!
    The bad news...I have a severe case of Thrush. (again!) So more drugs and more time consuming swishing and swallowing.........quit complaining you say?
    Naaaah, go ahead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast