Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rituximab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    I have learned along the way,if nothing else in this journey, that little things are just as pleasurable.
    This might sound stupid and it might be the pred talking (it really doesn't agree with me), but I think you are so right.
    I've been getting stressed/annoyed with my 18 year old son as I'm still tidying up after him, even though I'm not feeling very good at the moment. But then I stop for a second and start to think in the future I may be absolutely unable to tidy up after myself never mind my son. This then makes me grateful that although it's a pain tidying up after him, at least I'm still able to do it - I'd miss it if I couldn't physically do it! Hope that makes sense
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Are you fully hydrated before your infussion Gilders?
    Good point about dehydration. I know when I have to give a pint of blood for my haemochromatosis drinking plenty before has helped.
    My infusions for rtx start in the morning and although I try to drink plenty before I still maybe slightly dehydrated as I urinate so much during the night. I also take diuretics to make me urinate. Plus the fact that my feet and legs swell could mean that as fluids I do have in my body are just under my skin, rather than in the correct places (organs/blood steam), maybe that makes me dehydrated (or perhaps the steroids are making talk a load of nonsense again )

Hope you have a good time in Majorca, Geoff!
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilders, I have had many ups and downs, a little like you. It doesn't sound stupid, the Preds do distort thinking,but there always seems to be those people in your life (mine is always family members), that seem to push the stress buttons. When I can do little things, some days, like getting groceries in, doing laundry, sweeping the floor or cooking a good meal it makes me feel normal and a little accomplished. If I by chance I get to do some planting of flowers or yard work I'm in heaven. I do feel like the button pushers see this as, what have you done for me lately and then just run away with their neediness. I wish you all the best today with your next infusion. Try to take some water with you to drink and also maybe they can give you some Tylenol, along with the Benadryl, it could help with the swelling. I have had reactions more times than not and have to have a real slow drip and also take Tylenol and Benadryl afterwards for 24 to 48 hrs.to bad, so I don't have to bad of side effects. All the best to you and remember to just breath!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilders,
    I know from previous posts that you have had blood clots like myself. do you wear the 30-40 mmHg stocking for your swelling? I get by with the 20-30 on my left leg now but I have worn the 30-40 in the past when I also had kidney issues.
    I've also got the rolling veins in my right arm, but my left arm is fine. I find nurses usually prefer to draw from the right arm if they can, and if they are one I haven't had before I let them try my right arm but they rarely get it and then they resort to my left arm. do you find they hit the vein better in one arm than the other? if so be sure to tell them.
    Don't feel that you are rambling, I think you are asking good questions and posting good information that is going to help a lot of people.

Enjoy your Holiday ( Vacation for us here in the US ) as we could all benefit from those now and then.
    Dx'd December 2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mas78,
    Funny you should bring up blood clots. Just had my INR checked and it's still on the rise even though I stopped some anti-biotics over 2 weeks ago and keep lowering my warfarin.
    I've just had a phone call from my local hospital saying that I must find a Medical centre whilst abroad (Portugal) to get my INR checked and to liaise back with local hospital to check my warfarin dose. Obviously with flying I need it to be as safely "thin" as possible.
    As for stockings, I only ever wear them on flights and I'm not sure what "tightness" they are. Maybe I need to consider wearing them more frequently, although they're not going to look too great while I'm sunbathing with my shorts on in Portugal

I don't really have a better arm for bloods and canulas. But I do have a particularly naughty vein that everyone is convinced is a great vein to use. They always try this particular vein no matter what i tell them and they either keep missing it or soon after hitting it it collapses.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Doctors are suggesting that Rituximab may a alternative to the the Methotrexate I have been taking since 2001. I am currently anemic and had a bone marrow biopsy to determine what is causing my anemia but no answers. Does anyone know if Medicare will pay for this drug? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rudder View Post
    My Doctors are suggesting that Rituximab may a alternative to the the Methotrexate I have been taking since 2001. I am currently anemic and had a bone marrow biopsy to determine what is causing my anemia but no answers. Does anyone know if Medicare will pay for this drug? Thanks
    They should cover it as long as you get their pre-approval before treatment. Your doc will have to contact them and explain the need.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all!
    A quick report on round/week 3 of Rituximab.
    I listened to your advice and made sure I was well hydrated. I didn't get much sleep the night before as I kept needing the toilet and had a few sips of water each time I woke up. Bacon sandwich for breakfast with lots of drinks and I was ready to do battle with the damn cannula. It seemed to work! First attempt and it went in and lasted for the full duration. I kept my arm rigid throughout, scared that moving it would stop it working.
    From start to finish, including flushing, removing cannula, etc, it only took 5 hours.
    I felt tired for an hour after the antihistamines and anti nausea drugs, but otherwise felt great during the infusion.

After the infusion I was extremely tired and this has lasted for 48 hours. Admittedly during this 48 hour period we had a fairly long drive to hotel by the airport, a flight to Portugal and a drive to the beautiful villa I'm now at.

As mentioned, post infusion has made me incredibly tired and weak, but I managed a dip in the pool before those blasted cramps kicked in.

It has been strange how each infusion has effected me different, but some nausea and tiredness is a little price to pay for what I hope is some effective long term treatment.

Think I'll have a drive to Albufeira tomorrow to find a medical centre ready for my INR check.
    Last edited by gilders; 06-20-2015 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Predictive text spelling mistakes
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good result! glad you got to Portugal in one piece, now relax and let the good stuff do its work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received 4 infusions of RTX last december, one before, one at Christhima's day, one at New Yar's day (good way to start 2015) and the last one ane week later. I'm very well now, almost whithout pred, next week I'll stop. For me was very good, no side efects and I hope no flares for a long time. Doe's anyone here know's something about remission time after RTX treatment?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast