Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot Pain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Foot Pain

Has anyone else had foot pain? When I get up in the morning, I cannot put weight on my feet. They hurt SO bad. I limp. It feels like the bones have all caved in on my foot. I also have been having serious spasms in various parts of my body. Today, my scalp is spasming like a jumping bean. It's seriously annoying.
    But that's not why I am here?

I figure it could be plantar fasciitis which makes me mad because I am getting back into long walks/hikes and about to try running and that will sideline the running and hikes for awhile. But, at the same time ... it's strangely not in my heel where most of the pain is.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had pain in my feet before being treated for WG. It's better now.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaysee View Post
    I had pain in my feet before being treated for WG. It's better now.

Me too, I was incorrectly diagnosed with plantar fasciitis but all those symptoms disappeared quickly after being treated for Wegs.

I sometimes have painful cramps, usually in hands and legs or feet but figure it it is just another side effect of the many meds and damage from the diabetes and Wegs.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had debilitating foot pain, could barely walk, prior to starting treatment for Wg's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. I had foot (leg, knee, wrist, elbow & shoulder) pain for weeks in the lead up to my WG diagnosis.
    The foot pain was the worst. I had no idea what was wrong, and like you said, I was convinced the bones in the arch of my foot had collapsed.

As soon as I was given WG treatment the swelling and pain went away and I was gradually able to walk again.
    It was super frightening. Please take care of yourself and I hope you receive treatment soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi nikki, my feet play up, like a second hand motor bike, especially my left foot, it has been great for the last 4 months, before that 6 to eight months of pain, and before that, when I was first diagnosed, no problems. if I have been sitting down, and get up onto my feet, I find it hard to walk, because my foot is a little numb and pains to put weight on, after a couple of minutes the numbness and pain subsides, and I can walk with a limp, 5-10 minutes latter my foot is mostly back to normal, with the occasional sharp pain. I have always had pain in both my big toes, its a bit like an electrical shock, which happens randomly. I put it down to the Wegs, as previous to this I had no pain in my feet at all. I get no swelling or redness in my feet.

All the best, Woz....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, what dosage of pred are you on now? I can't remember if you increased it or if you have decreased.

I'm like everyone else, prior to diagnosis it was really bad but then when treatment started it got better.
    They did start hurting a bit once pred got back to lower doses, which is why I am asking.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on no meds right now. My labs were all looking good so I am med free right now. I've been feeling good except the feet, and my dumb ears. My Eustachian tubes close up and open with my breathing sometimes. So, I have these annoying issues but ... otherwise I feel alright.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our daughter has terrible heel pain. The neuropathy in her feet (specifically left) is a significant part of how WG has affected her. She can walk okay now, but standing still is a struggle. And a good friend of mine who is a rehabilitative hand therapist just told me that chemo can also cause neuropathy, so I am now am working up nerve (no pun intended)to google that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I add, and forgive me getting all mom on you - I know you have other health concerns and have struggled with health care - but I worry your WG might be smoldering if your pain level is significant and your eu tubes are acting up.... And now I'll be quiet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast